「 ' ♡ 23. - WHO ARE YOU?. 」

CHAPTER 023

" who are you? "

 Theo wished that it all was some twisted dream, turning the world black and red, effectively killing all color otherwise

Theo wished that it all was some twisted dream, turning the world black and red, effectively killing all color otherwise. It would be easier, truly, because that would mean that she wouldn't have a front row seat to the newest tragedy hitting Liverpool: the fall of Theodora Embry.

How could things be so backwards so that she was the one to reap the punishments of something that wasn't even her fault and didn't even happen?

She ran all the way home that day, ignoring Paul begging her to turn around and just talk to him. She didn't want to, because she had no clue what she would say. Was there any good way to tell the boy who made her head spin that the reason she couldn't go all the way with Mick was because it didn't feel right, because it wasn't with Paul?

It wasn't right and it wasn't real if it wasn't with Paul, as Theo had found out.

When she finally arrived back home, she threw herself on her bed and ignored everyone's every call — although everyone only counted as her mother and Paul.

You know, it would be easier to forget this boy if he didn't constantly try to make everything better, a little voice sang to the girl.

"Shut up," she mumbled to it as she rolled over, pulling the covers over her head and, finally, effectively ignoring the rest of the word until she fell asleep.

**

Six hours later, the girl awoke in a haze. Her eyes were glassy and it felt as though she'd slept through the apocalypse. In a way, she wished she had, because then she wouldn't have to deal with the repercussions of this heinous lie, this poisonous rumor. While she was asleep, she missed 18 phone calls and 40 texts; all from a frantic Paul.

The last few made her head spin.

Paul
just tell me you're ok

Paul
please theo?

Paul
you know i'm here for you

Paul
no matter what

Paul
through thick or thin

Paul
all those cliches

Paul
you're my best friend Theodora, even though
i'm not sure you want me to call you that