「 ' ♡ 13. - REBUTTAL. 」

CHAPTER 013

" rebuttal "

Rage colored Theo's world a deep and angry red

Rage colored Theo's world a deep and angry red. Stomping down the street and towards Paul's house, she tried to make sense of this entire situation.

Why would Paul wait until she's got a boyfriend to come out of his fucking pansy shell and admit that he has feelings for her when she's been out of her mind in love with him since he looked up at her with those big hazel eyes that night under the stars when they were 12?

Why would he wait until the least convenient time to spill out all of his innermost thoughts and feelings into a sweet playlist that, by the looks of it, was filled with the songs on which they based their relationship?

Why did Paul McCartney have to always find a way to creep into her soul and never want to leave?

Theo figured as she pounded on his front door that enough was enough.

It was time for her to run her own life. Her, herself. Theodora Embry. Not some doe-eyed fuckboy who only loved her when it worked out for him.

She pounded on the door and waited for Paul.

When she saw the beam on his face the second he noticed her on the other side, Theo knew exactly what she wanted to say.

"Hey Theo." he didn't get to finish his sentence, though.

"You know what, Paul?" she interrupted. "It's so funny how you think you could keep your feelings locked up for so long when you knew that I have liked you forever. What? Am I supposed to play along with your sick little guessing game?"

"What? No." Paul began.

She didn't want to hear it. 

"Shut up, Paul. You could have done anything for our friendiversary. You could have made me anything, but the fact that you had the gall to try and dangle the possibility that you could feel something for me is deplorable. I cant believe I ever saw anything in you."

"Theo, please let me explain."

"Why should I? I have given you a million chances to open your mouth and spill everything. I've waited and waited and waited and — you know what, Paul? I'm through waiting." Theo's eyes were widened by rage. "I found a guy who doesn't keep me guessing. Mick never leaves me in the dark. You could learn a few things from him."

Her last few sentences simply hung in the air like humidity on a hot day. She was panting and angry and her fists were clenched and Paul knew what he should have said, but did he say it?

No, of course not, that would mean that Paul was anything other than an idiot.

All at once, he let out a chorus of bitter laughter. 

"You thought I —?" more laughter. "Oh, that's rich. No, Theo. I don't have feelings for you. I actually feel bad for you."

"What?"

"Yeah. It's pretty obvious that Mick doesn't feel the same way, but still you keep batting your eyelashes and hoping he'll feel something he's obviously not. Kind of sad, Theo. Not going to lie." Paul said.

"I don't need your pity and I definitely don't need your friendship. Do me a favor and forget the fuck about me and you and whatever bullshit we had." she spat before turning on her heel and storming away.

As he watched her go, Paul knew he'd messed up.

**

That night, knowing that Theo and Mick were out god knows where (she said something about the 1975 concert earlier in the week), Paul fished through his messages to find that one girl's contact.

What was her name?

Oh yeah. Linda.

Paul pressed the call button and hoped she wouldn't chew him out for any reason.

"Ah, you finally decided to call me." Linda flirted.

Scratching the back of his neck and swallowing a lump he wished didn't exist, Paul replied. "Yeah, I did. I just had to, um, get rid of a dead weight first."

YIKES WHAT IS HAPPENING

how dare these two

how dare they

xoxo