Locked (Tsukishima x Reader) {REWRITTEN}

A/N (WARNING AND MESSAGE OF LOVE): this used to be the cringey chapter called waterfall. and guys, this is a suicide chapter. Pls guys, don't kill yourself. Don't do it, not now, not ever. There is someone in this world who loves you and if you kill yourself, you leave them brokenhearted. Treat yourself with love because that's the only way to be treated. Don't hide your feelings, it'll only make the pain worse. Talk to someone. And if no one's willing to listen, find someone who is. You have to find someone who is willing to spend a moment to listen to you because they can be the key to love. Let somebody hug you and tell you that you mean something, because you do.

And if there's really no one who will listen, I will :)

But ANYWAYS, pls enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Fuck you."

That's what you muttered underneath your breath as you walked away from Kageyama, who was staring at your back as his arm slung around some girl's shoulder.

Well, he's a ex now. He hates you now.

Just like everyone else.

Forget him. Forget them. Forget everyone.

"Hey, Y/N. Are you okay?" You looked up at the towering person above you. Blonde hair, glasses, headphones around his neck.

Yep. The one and only, Tsukishima Kei.

"Kei." You looked away from him.

Are you okay?

Were you ever? No.

Life has always been tough, but now that you're in high school? More than ever.

Relationship issues, school life, and even home life. Kageyama was supposed to be there for you no matter where you went--but he never was. And he never will.

Who could forget the annoying brats who also beat you up when you walk down the sidewalk and of course the dumb gossipers who think they know everything?

Home was no safe haven either. The crushing weight of always being told you're a disappointment in and out of school is enough to take every ounce of strength from you. Not to mention, the physical touch at home is far from gentle.

But nobody has to know that.

Nobody gets to know these things.

Because it's your problems, not theirs.

So you just smile. Smile and show no pain. Get the key and lock every emotion inside. No one gets to know that it isn't alright.

"Yeah. I'm okay."

Tsukishima narrowed his eyes at you, as if he could see the truth. As if he knew it all. But his face softened, probably knowing that it wasn't his place to bring it up. "Okay. Want me to walk you home?"

"Actually... can I... stay over your place tonight?" You asked. He blinked before nodding.

"Okay. That works."

The last place you want to be is at home. You got a 77 on your test today. Once your mom sees it, it's over for you. You touched your cheek as if you could already feel the hard punch to the face she'll give you.

She has strict rules for you and you break one of them, you get a punishment.

A beating.

And getting anything below 100 on your grades--yeah, that's a definite beating.

"Hey, Y/N?"

"Yeah?" You looked up at the one person you can call your friend. This cold-hearted guy had such a soft spot for you and you really appreciate it. He and Yamaguchi are the only ones you can really rely on when you're hurting.