Sugar (Daichi x Reader) {Edited}

You were sitting on the couch, laying upside down. You were at home with your boyfriend Daichi, bored. Today was your mother's birthday, so you had to figure out a present. You've had absolutely nothing. Your dad was in the kitchen, cooking the cake. He's not a good cook, so hopefully he's a better baker. "Hey, Y/n." Daichi asked, yanking you out of your thoughts.

"Yeah?"

"Do you smell something?" 

"What?" You sniffed the air. The thick smell of smoke was in the air and it pushed into your lungs. And your nose was right. Then you saw smoke!

"Oh crap." You frowned as you shot up from your seat. You heard a worried yelp. You dashed into the kitchen with Daichi behind you. You glanced inside the kitchen. "What's going on?!" Your Dad was fanning a crumbled figure.

You were confused for a second. Until you realized something...

that was your mom's cake.

"Dad! You burnt Mom's cake?!" You shouted, accusingly.

"Sorry, Y/n. I-" You sighed. You were one your last nerve.

"Daichi?"

"Yeah?"

"Remind me to never let my dad to be in the kitchen ever again." You stated, glaring at your parent.

"Okay."

"Get out the kitchen, Dad. And take this burnt cake with you! This is what happens when you waste thirteen years on drugs!" You shouted at him. Your father grabbed his ugly trash-...uh cake and left the kitchen sad. "Ugh! Now what am I gonna do? Mom's cake is ruined..." You whined. You hate working but you had to do something for your mom. She was a single parent for you for 14 years. And through it all, she never left you. That's means the most to you. 

"I know, we could bake her a cake ourselves." Daichi suggested the obvious.

"Eh? I don't bake though."

"Just follow the recipe book."

"..."

"..."

"..."

"Y'know, for me being the smart one, that's actually brilliant." You remarked while walking farther away. Daichi stood there with the 'did she just insult me or was that a compliment' face. "Well, are you coming or not?" You shouted to knock him out of his thoughts.

"Yeah." You started make the batter as he tried to pretend that he didn't know how the crack eggs. Trying to act like a noob, huh? That's your job.

"Hey, Daichi."

"Yeah?"

"If you crack the eggs right I'll give you a kiss."

"A long kiss?" He said raising his eyebrow.

"Yes, a long kiss." You laughed as he carefully cracked each egg.

"Could you get me some sugar, Daichi?"

"Ok." He kissed your cheek.

"Not that sugar. The sugar you can eat."

"I enjoy both." He smirked.

"Boy, please." You laughed.

~~~

"Y/n, do you know what's sweeter than sugar?"

"Me."

"You really are smart." He kissed your lips with a smirk on his face. Your dad was about to stop you two when immediate reflexes kicked in.

Like every good person would do...

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

You threw your shoe at his head.

"ACK!"

Bullseye.

"What was that?" Daichi asked, looking around.

"My dad." You shrugged.

"Oh ok." Then you two returned to kissing mode.

~~~

"Ah!"

You smiled in confidence as you showed your mom her birthday cake. Daichi set his hand on your shoulder and gave it a small squeeze. You smiled at him.

"It looks so great, Y/n!" Your mom threw her arms around you in a tight hug.

"Haha, no problem."

"Y'know I did some of the work too-"

"Let me have my moment."

"Okay..."

This moment. This hug. This boy.

They were all sweeter than sugar.