Chapter Fourteen!

Chapter 14: A Lot Of Weird Goo?

Zack awoke floating in some sort of weird, gel filled, capsule. Wait what!? Immediately he tried pounding on the glass like any person with half a brain would do. (Really though if you only had a half a brain you would only be able to use the other half of your body).

Strangely, despite that he was entirely submerged, he could still breath? It was a weird sort of breathing and he ended up inhaling the gel, only to exhale it through his nose. It burnt, but not horribly, and the tingling sensation was rather calming. Even still he tried pounding again and luckily this time a figure came over to see what the commotion was. It was not only until the figure was within two feet from his capsule that it could be recognized as Jane. Jane just waved at him and started laughing, at least it looked like laughing, it was hard to hear in the red, gelled-filled capsule. Zack didn't know what was apparently so funny--aside from the streams of gel streaming from his nostrils. Obviously it had to be more amusing than his snot streams though, as Jane really seemed quite amused. He just couldn't figure out what it was.... Well, until he looked down that was, and noticed that he was only wearing a bright red speedo?!

Zack didn't have any comment to that, he was too busy wondering how he ended up in a speedo. He decided he didn't want to know.

"Let me out already," Zack screamed, after a few minutes of the humiliation went by, wishing for the torture to end. Sadly all that came out was Lt e ut arey, which of course amused her even more. He tried this a few more times but still no luck. Finally Jane disappeared but returned shortly after with a short red scaly thing. Although it could have been anything being that red goop was corrupting his eyes.

For the next few minutes he just stared at them in annoying silence, watching them say things he couldn't hear. Jane and the red thing exchanged some confused looking gestures, and the figure tried typing a few things on a computer. When nothing happened the figure just shrugged, and to Zack's great horror pulled a random SWORD off the nearest table. Holding the sword above its head, the creature charged, aiming straight at Zack's own head!?

Some say that your entire life flashes before your eyes before you die, but your life is too long usually for that to happen, and anyone that could say otherwise is... well, obviously dead. So naturally this renders the saying false. Well, unless you have a screen showing you a super speed life slideshow, which is pretty rare to find, and is only offered in the highest class hospitals. Due to the fact that Zack didn't have one of these, he had to settle for screaming. Lots, and lots, of inaudible screaming. Leading to him inhaling mouthfuls of the red goo.

The red demon's sword went straight through the glass, slicing through the gel, and heading straight towards Zack's head, faster than he could dodge it. But instead of continuing its terribly evil path--well if swords could have good or bad paths that is--it stopped just barely poking his nose before slamming all the way down the capsule, cutting a clean line right down the center. Now usually when glass gets a cut down its center it explodes shooting shards everywhere. This... was exactly what happened.

The destruction of the capsule led to the weird gel spraying everywhere, but unlike normal liquids and semi liquids that would have moved along the floor, this particular stuff floated up to the ceiling like bubbles in water. Without his magic gel and capsule Zack landed on the, now glass covered, floor to be greeted by a now gel covered Jane, along with her new crazy friend.

Jane was about to say something but the other figure beat her to it. "Wow. It actually worked!?" said the red thing a little too surprised for Zack's comfort. "We never had a chance to try the Xhert Chamber on a human before. I'll have to mark that down in the ship's log. Unfortunately the voice activated, convenient one, was patented, so I'll have to get the old tablet back out."