Chapter Six!

Chapter 6: Well That's Just Rude

The captors rolled Zack's kennel out of what must have been an employee break room or something--hence the fast clock--and into a bigger room, which must have been the meeting room. The meeting room was filled with weapon racks, rope (of course), a mini fridge, and what must have been twenty or so more girls all dressed in the same type of camouflage outfits that made them look like they were in some sort of cult.

Now, I'm not saying that people that are dressed the same are automatically in some sort of cult. They could be in a gang, or just be really bad at coordinating their outfits. Unless of course they're holding deadly weapons, rope, and all cheering as their comrades, drag in a prisoner trapped in a small dog kennel. A prisoner that they shot at with arrows, and then proceeded to verbally abuse. Since this was the case, Zack decided to assume that the girls were in a cult.

Up on the stage that must have been for a speaker in meetings, was a girl, that looked around Zack's age, sitting in a pop-up-chair like it was a throne. The queen had black hair--or more correctly very, very dark brown--with purple tips and was holding a very fancy crossbow that would have cost a small fortune if the adults were still around. Though Zack had a strong feeling she got it for free.

Aside from all the strange sights, Zack also noticed nine unzipped body bags that were squirming off to the right behind the throne. Now either his captors found nine of the worlds biggest worms or those were his new teammates, and being that the giant-death-worm's eggs didn't hatch--crawling their way out of unfortunate dead beasts, eating their innards in the process--until April, Zack was going to guess they were his friends. He wondered that since they only had nine, if that meant that they were yet to catch Tony. He also wondered why biology class had to be so visual.

He shivered off the disturbing images of the giant-death-worm's maggots crawling from mangled corpses. "Hey give me..." Zack started, but was interrupted by a guard banging on his kennel.

"You don't speak unless spoken to," the guard ordered.

"This is a free cou--"

"Silence!" the guard ordered again, pointing her crossbow in at Zack, in a less than friendly way.

He took the hint this time. He was in no position to argue.

A few minutes of head banging, boring silence went by, while Zack tried very hard to avoid making eye contact with any of his captors, who still all creepily stared back anyway--whatever happened to cooties! Finally the lady on the makeshift throne spoke. "Why did you break into our fortress?" she asked, using a very strict queen like tone. Zack didn't buy it for a second.

"Well, you see..." Zack started, but was silenced again.

"DID YOU NOT READ THE SIGNS IN THE FRONT?!" the queen continued this time Zack didn't even try to object to say they went in through the back. "AND DID YOU NOT THINK TO TURN BACK WHEN YOU HEARD THE RIPJAW'S HOWL?!"

True, he had heard the howl, but in his defense, they didn't even give Tony enough time to ask if it really was even a RipJaw. After a few moments of silence Zack tried to talk again, but was yet again scolded being told to wait until the queen gave him permission. Man, these people had so many rules!

"Ah... I'm waiting for your response..." the queen sighed, literally only two-seconds later, sounding rather annoyed with the dumbfounded boy.

"First off," Zack started. "What is your obsession with rope?" Again--Not the most important question. Some would say it wasn't even worth asking. But Zack asked anyway. Perhaps he wanted to see how low his popularity could drop in thirty minutes.