Chapter 3: Our Generation Rules The Population

Zack had barely made it inside before some of the boys rushed to the door, eager to hear how he avoided death. They flooded him with obvious questions like: was it scary, did you see anything scary, and... actually questions concerning the level of horror were all that were asked.

"Ok!" he started. "I will be answering questions about my great, and terrifying, adventure later," he added in the most humble of ways. True, there wasn't really much to tell but he was enjoying the attention. "But first!" he exclaimed. "Who wants to see where Miss Rosh went?!" Zack tried to make this sound like great fun, but his showmanship failed him.

"Not really..." Tony muttered, voicing the others opinions as he fidgeted with what appeared to be a can of something. "We could hold an auction for this fine woman's hairspray. You know you want some Tim--I saw that yearning look."

"Fine. Five dollars. Final offer."

"No Tim... it's an auction.... You don't get a final offer."

"Ok, then--"

Zack sighed. Why did everyone have to act like they had attention disorders? "Seriously guys? No one wants to know?"

"Know what?" Bob asked obliviously. He was half heartedly trying to wrestle Tim for his 5 dollars.

"Someone just bring me a computer," Zack sighed. Sheep. Half of the boys were nothing more than sheep just going with the rest of the flock. But who could blame them, it's how they were raised. Forced into submission, and soon military training.

"Thanks Derrick," Tony started, grabbing a laptop from Derrick, before the boy could drop it, as he stumbled into the room, tripping on the doorway. "No I don't care where you got it."

"But---" Derrick started.... Being around the age of twelve Bob and Derrick were always trying to gain the older guys' respect, to no avail. That and they were both notorious class clowns.

"Stop. If you tell me then I have to act like I'm impressed, but I won't be impressed, so just don't--Here you go Zack." With those words of divulgence Tony casually tossed the laptop to Zack.

After a little bit of hacking Zack was able to get the computer up and running. Yes, he is good at something. Sure he couldn't control water, or fly on a broom wearing monogrammed sweaters, he couldn't even find a magic wardrobe or ring, but he still had to be good at something. Then again what constituted 'hacking' was really just Zack punching in the laptop's very original password of BACON1234.

"Should we really be doing this outside?" Peter muttered. Since receiving the computer Zack had taken it outside, and was currently sitting on the front steps, with the boys surrounding him--waiting for the flashdrive to load. True, this probably wasn't the smartest of ideas--for even on a Saturday kids were generally frowned upon for being outside without a genuine purpose, but today Zack didn't care. Perhaps it was because his adrenaline was still rushing from his near death escape from Feebie, or maybe he had just had enough of cowering from the adults. That or it was because there was no one else in sight.

"Who cares. There's no one around!" a boy around Zack's age voiced. The boy was just walking up to the front of the house, with his gang of a few other boys Zack really didn't care for. The boy went by the name of Bones. Although Miss Rosh refused to call him that. She called him Phillip, a name he resented. Bones lived at the group home just the same as the rest of the boys that sat on the front steps that day, he wore old hand-me-down clothes all the same, but for some reason he acted like he was so much better than the others. Zack hadn't seen them around the kitchen that morning so he assumed that they were off to no good, their stupid half grins confirmed his suspicions.