chapter 22

The unit managed to bust a whole bunch of men for stealing the cars but they were put in the cells. Sadly , it has already been 24 hours. Kelly was going to have be loaded up with other supposed criminals for trial.

Adam elbowed her and she looked at him , turning attention away from the board.

"Go see him before he goes."

"I-"

He didn't listen to her and gave her the black jacket she had on earlier. Kim sighed and put it on before walking out. She walked out the side garage door to see everyone that was in holding was walking to the truck that would take them away. Platt was boredly speaking to them as they walked in a straight line to the truck.

"Single file, watch your heads, if you're looking for a low bond , I suggest you keep your mouth shut."

Kim slowly walked up and saw Kelly with his hands , handcuffed behind his back.

"Hey."

"You find anything ?"

"Sadly not yet but I'm in optimistic." She told him softly as she looked up at him. Kelly sighed and looked away from her before looking at the ground. He was going to trial for a crime he didn't know if he committed or not. Kim looked at Platt. "Serg , can I at least take him to 25 and Cal myself ?"

"No can do, it's against regulation." Platt told her and she sighed. Kim was trying her best but it seemed like nothing was working.  Kelly turned and started walking off and Kim quickly caught up to him.

"Kell-"

"Hey." He told her , the both of them stopped walking. He turned his back to the truck and looked down at her. The fight was gone from his eyes. "If it turns out it was really me behind the wheel , just don't fight to lower my sentence, I deserve to rot."

"Kel-"

He turned away from her and walked away , leaving her trying to not cry. Kelly got inside the truck and looked at her sadly before the door shut.

Kelly Severide was really going to prison.

Kim quietly walked away and went back inside and she saw the break room door closed.

"Who's in there ?"

"Benny Severide." Erin told her. "He's talking to Voight but he came in here to talk to you."

Kim took off her jacket and put it on her chair before walking to the break room and opening it. Voight looked at her and sighed.

"He's all yours."

Kim nodded and Voight walked out, leaving Benny Severide and the detective alone. Benny sighed and folded his arms.

"What's going on Kim ? I just heard that Kelly could go to jail for vehicular homicide ?"

"Yes-"

"Why wasn't I notified about it ? Are you even doing anything about this ?"

Kim didn't say anything as the father ranted to her. Benny wasn't really there for Kelly a lot from she heard but the two were starting to mend their relationship. Kelly didn't really care for Benny because Benny ran in and out of his life , he always did.

"Listen , Mr. Severide, we are doing everything we can-"

"He's on his way to trial-"

"That's not stopping our case !" She shouted to him, she could feel everyone's eyes slowly go to the breakroom where she was arguing with Kelly's father. "We are trying everything , literally everything. You don't think I'm trying ? They are trying ? Shit , I've been running all around the damn town , practically leaning on the thought that he didn't do this. I don't need you over here screaming at me!"