chapter seventeen.

"So what did you guys do this guy ?" Kim asked her partner , Alvin Olinsky , as he drove. "I mean he's killing all of you for some reason."

A case hit their desks earlier last week after a retired police officer was found with his neck sliced open. Four more were found as well as the days went on. A note was left behind , saying the two men were next but they didn't care for threats. The days were piling up and the murderer hasn't striked again yet.

"He put his personal things before his badge and we all decided if it would be better if he left."

"But-"

"He hid his mental issues , if you want the honest answer. Marshall Taylors is crazy as hell and we all wished we had seen it sooner."

Marshall Taylors used to be in the police force with Hank and Alvin and the other men that were murdered. Once they really found out his mental issues, they urged him to get help. The man didn't listen and they forced him out and sent him to a mental asylum which he escaped after being in there for 30 years.

"Got it."

The two parked outside of an old abandoned house that looked like it hasn't been touched in years. The wood rotting away , the grass was completely unkempt. The doors and windows were covered with wood with x's on them. No one had been there.

"You see that ?" Alvin asked her and she nodded. The front door was slightly cracked. Someone had broke in.

"I'm gonna call for-"

"No , we got it , let's go."

Kim was hesitant but she trusted Alvin , she trusted him with his life. She nodded and two quietly ran up the stairs and stood beside the door. Kim looked at him and he nodded. She took a step back before kicking the wood down and the two walked in with their guns pointed, scooping around the house for their suspect. The house was completely clear.

Cobwebs and bugs and dead animals littered the house and the smell was terrible.

"Clear." She whispered to Alvin. The kitchen and the living room was completely empty.

"Clear." He whispered back to her in the silence from upstairs. Kim made her way to the garage and it was empty , despite all the clutter inside of it. Seconds later , something hit the back of her head and she let out a groan before collapsing. She laid there, she couldn't move. She wanted to keep her eyes but they kept shutting and opening.

"Alvin." She barely whispered as she saw him run in. The man stared down at her , throwing punches and kicks anywhere he could. Alvin had grabbed him and tossed him away from her and her eyes finally closed as she stared at the light above her.

Pain made her wake back up and she grimaced before her eyes opened , looking around the cluttered garage. She coughed up blood and weakly got on her hands and knees. Her ribs felt like she was on fire with every breath she took.

"Alvin ?" She weakly spoke before seeing a small blood trailing to the garage door that was shut. He or Marshall Taylor were nowhere to be found. The young detective groaned as she struggled to get up when pain emerged , begging her to not move but she had to.

Limping , she slowly walked through the small blood and put her hand on the door knob, slowly turning it. It was unlocked. She pushed the door open and her hand went to her waist to see her gun was missing.

Marshall took it.

She slowly walked forward. Her head felt like it was splitting into two and she tried to focus as her headache got worse. She went around the corner into the kitchen to see Marshall starting to tie up Alvin in a light wooden chair. The two guns were pushed to the side of the two couches. Marshall's bald head shown his sweat and his green eyes were full of determination. His body was covered in the same gray jumpsuit he had to wear in the asylum where he used to reside. Black gloves covered his hands as he grabbed duct tape.