chapter sixteen.

Season 5 , Episode 2 : The Thing About Heroes

"So Hank really has us walking around some fair to get him some Ferrara's ?" Adam said as him , Kim and Kevin walked through the crowded street fair. People were bustling up and down the street, games and rides everywhere along with the smell of street food in the air.

"He said it's the cheapest here at this time so we have to. It's your fault , you got us in trouble."

"Hey , I didn't get us in trouble. " Adam told them as he chewed on some french fires. "I didn't mean to crash the car , it just happened."

Kim rolled her eyes with a laugh before noticing Frank Toma. He was the top of a class she thought at the police academy.

"Hold on guys , I'll be right back." The brunette female said before jogging over to the young police officer who smiled at her. "Hey Toma , I thought today was your day off ?"

"Got this job for over time." He told her with a soft smile as putting his hand on the rail around the carousel. They talked a little bit bit more but his smile slowly faded, his head moving  as he looked away from her any way he could. Kim shown her genuine confusion with her facial expressions.

"You okay ?"

"Just hung over. Went to the bar last night."

"Okay."

Frank Toma looked at her sadly, he had something to say. Kim looked at him , waiting for him to speak. He was always a quiet kid , a reason why she always liked him since he reminded her of herself a long time ago.

"Kim , I uh-"

"Kim !"

She turned to see Adam and Kevin impatiently waiting for her as they held the box of Ferrara's. Kim quickly turned to Toma.

"As you were saying."

"It's fine , don't worry about it."

"Okay." She smiled as she started walking away. "Hey , when you get off , let me know so we can finally get you a big boy drink and a water, a water for that hangover."

"You got it."

She went back to the two other detectives who were ready to go.

"You guys are so annoying."

"Aww don't be like that little bit." Kevin said as she shoved him away from her. They were walking past an alley when they saw a dark blue van park in it. "Ain't this road supposed to be cleared off ?"

"All alleys are."

"Hey." Kevin shouted as the two men got up. The two men took off and Kevin followed them. Adam and Kim checked the van to see it smoking and they looked at each other.

It was a bomb.

"I'll clear the space out , go chase after Kevin." She told him. He nodded before taking off in the direction of Kevin and the two men. Kim jogged over to Toma. "We got a bomb , we gotta clear out the area."

He nodded before he kept his eyes on the van.

"Frank ! Frank ! Snap out of it , lets move !"

"Everyone leave the premises now !"

The two officers basically were shoving everyone out before the bomb would exploded. Kim spoke into her mic and commanded all units and a bomb squad to come. They tried their best before the bomb actually exploded.