chapter one

Only one thing left here to do , are we gonna finish what we started or we end ?

-Jessie Ware , Finish What We Started

When Kim Burgess stepped into Molly's , she didn't expect it to be so packed. She hadn't been here in over a year but everything looked better than last time. Smiles , laughs and multiple conversations went around.

Lieutenant of Truck in Firehouse 51 , Matthew Casey , saw her and walked over with a smile.

"Burgess, didn't expect you here tonight."

"I know , I didn't expect to come out." She said , offering a small smile on her lips , her smile not reaching her eyes. Matt still smiled at her, he was always such a kind man, the thing everyone admired about him.

"Well you should fun , first night out you know ?"

"I don't know."

"Molly's is the real deal." He told her with a smile.

She nodded with a smile

She nodded with a smile. She had heard about the drunk escapades she had missed. From the doctors from Med , the firefighters from Firehouse 51 and even her own team from the precinct. Including her ex-boyfriend Adam Ruzek that loved to get wild on a lot of nights at the bar.

"It is."

"Go get a beer and have fun."

"I'll try. Thanks."

Kim moved around him and noticed her unit in the back. Ruzek was talking loudly to Atwater and new girl in the unit , Upton. She adjust her bag on her shoulder and walked over, her boots hitting the light brown wood on the ground beneath her.

"Hey guys."

They all instantly smiled. Adam pulled Kim into a big bear hug , his scruffy beard touching her hair which made her grimace. She hated a lot of facial hair , she didn't like it at all.

"What happened to not coming back to Mollys ?"

"Decided to have some fun tonight." She told him. Working as a detective took a lot time but it also she was new to it. She wanted to adjust to the job before ever going out. She wanted , she needed to focus but now she felt she was secure enough in her job.

Shots went around and Kim finally felt herself have the fun she deserved, publicly even. Feeling a little buzz, a lazy smile grew on her lips as she matched the blue eyes that were staring at her on and off since she got there.