chapter seven.

Kim sighed as she parked at the fancy restaurant, looking inside of it.

"Erin , are you sure ?" She asked as her best friend spoke in her ear through her phone. "I mean I don't date."

"He's a nice guy, he's a federal prosecutor, he's cool people."

Kim groaned and got out her car before shutting door. She pulled down her dress and started walking towards the doors.

"I swear if he is some crazy, we are not friends anymore."

"Kim , you realize I could beat you up ?"

"That's not the point Erin." She whined as she walked and she saw him. "Shit , I see him. I'll call you back."

The tall man stood up and walked over.

"You must Kim , Erin told me a lot about you."

"You must Matt and Erin told me a lot about you honestly."

The two went to their table and started talking. The conversation was slow and it was weird at first.

"I'm sorry I haven't been on a date in a long time." He admitted after eating. "This is weird."

"It's okay , me too. I haven't been on a date for awhile."

Their confession made conversation flow easier and they talked about work and the wild cases they had, their work made them bond and the night ended quicker than they thought since they talked a lot.

He politely walked her to her car and they exchanged numbers, they had liked each other. She actually liked him. She got in her car and called Erin after he walked off.

"How did it go ?" Erin asked her.

"He was so sweet Erin , he was really nice. It was weird at first because we haven't dated in a long time but after that , we just started talking. I got his number."

"Good, told you he was nice."

"Yeah."

"But you know you and Severide have to end right ? Didn't you say that if your interest changed , you two were going to cut it off ?" Erin asked her and Kim groaned.

"I totally forgot. Would it be weird to do it now ?"

"No , I mean , I don't know."

Kim sighed before checking his location, he was at home.

"You know what ? I'm going to do it now before I lose my confidence and never do it."

"I guess that's the spirit ?"

"It is. I'll see you tomorrow ?"

"See you tomorrow."

Kim hung up the phone before pulling off and going to Kelly Severide's apartment. She got out and knocked on the front door. He opened the door with a yawn.

"Hey , I didn't get your text ?"

"Well I actually need to talk to you." She told him. "Can I come in ?"

He nodded with confusion and she walked past him before going into the kitchen and leaning against the counter with her arms folded.

"So what do you want to talk about ?" He asked her , standing in front of her.

"Well you remember when we agreed when we got interested into other people , we would you know..." She trailed off. "Cut this off ?"

"Yeah." He nodded. "I'm assuming you want to cut this off because you found interest in somebody else ?"