Chapter ten: Splash

The two were put on the road again, they walk side by side in a comfortable silent with birds and other creatures singing. Zy could feel Korra sneaking small glances, flattering her a bit. Her blue eyes stare at her, making her green eyes do the same. "Something on Korra the Cutie's mind?" She ask, this makes Korra look away quickly, rubbing the back of her neck. "Oh come on," She says lightly bumping her, in a friendly way. "owl cat caught your tongue?" This makes the Avatar chuckle with embarrassment.

"I...I guess I'm just thankful that you've been helping me out." She admits, the sun hitting her blue eyes perfectly. "Thank you for everything, Zy." The girl slings her arm around Korra's shoulder with a small almost breathless laugh. She is so sweet.

"Oh Cutie. I'm going to help you no matter what." Korra looks at her with a small smile, making Zy return it. "I mean, after all, I think for what we've been through, I think we can consider ourselves friends, right?" Korra's slime grows as she nods.

"Yeah, we are..."

"Still don't have a nickname huh?" The Non bender ask making her roll her eyes. She didn't have to have one but it was intriguing what she will choose.

"Nope." This makes Zylia chuckle, as she smiles.

"Well, you'll come up with one." They continue down the road, Zylia's arm around the tan girl's shoulders. They walk in sync, both saying small words or enjoying the nature around them. Though soon Korra stops, which causes Zy to follow suit. "Korra?"

"There's a stream." The Water Tribe girl walks towards a small path way, making the Nomad follow. "Maybe we can catch some fish." The Nomad sighs at that. She always grew up on a vegetarian diet, until she explored the Earth Kingdom, where she classified as a pescatarian, loving fish. The thought of her old home though seemed to come at her. I miss mom. "I knew I heard one." Zy looks up and sees a small stream with a few spirits around. "Have you ever fish before?" Korra ask, taking her bag off, with Zy following behind, but leaves her sword on her.

"Yeah, but I was pretty young when I last did it." Korra nods, talking her pants off and shirt, being left with bandaging around her chest, covering her chest. The muscles on her body were slightly bruise from her last round, but they were evidently there and made Zylia look at her own. She was never very muscular looking, but she considered herself above average in her strength, she was more agile and flexible than anything else. Her eyes then travels back to Korra's as she starts walking into the crystal shining water, a smile on her face. "Gonna stare or come?" Korra ask making the brunette roll her eyes.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm coming." Sarcasm slips out as she takes her vest and pants off, left with her undies and long sleeved brown shirt. Her foot slips into the water, it was first cold, but she fully steps in with both feet, feeling the rush of cold, making her erupt in small giggles. "Ah! It's so freezing! Its numbing me."

"It's not that cold." Korra says back as she continues to walk in the little river. "You have a cute giggle." She says after making Zylia smile at her comment, as she slowly looks back at the sun kissed skinned girl, who giggles again, both catching each other gazes.

"You think my giggle is cute?" Korra nods shyly, looking away. "Well, no one's said that...thank you." Korra nods looking back. "I'll use my sword, stab something." She takes the sword out and looks into the water for any fishes.

"I'll try my hands then." The girls stay on their own area, ready to grab and catch some food for later. Time passing by seeming to not be big enough fishes to pass by. "This is getting boring." Zylia puts her sword away and shuffles back on the river bank. "We should get-" A cold splash hits the back of her head, cutting her sentence short. She lets out a shocked and confused gasp, turning around slowly to see Korra kneeling slightly, her hands cupped together, she had thrown the water at her.

"Oops..." Korra smirk forms, making Zylia scoff. "My bad." Zy fully faces her, machining a mischief glint in her green eyes, as she licks her lips.

"I see how it is, Cutie." Zylia then kicks the water, splashing onto the other girl. She laughs and continues her splashing. Both girls chatter in excitement and mischief as they rush towards each other throwing and splashing one another. Smile form on their lips as this small war went on, Zy then splashed Korra's face, making her stumble lightly and then kick water at her. Zylia spins around as she splashes but then felt her self trip on a small rock in the water. "Ee!" She yelps as she falls forward covering her face, but then felt something else.

Quickly she looks up, seeing Korra had catch her. They both look into each other eyes, Korra's blue eyes seeming more blue, and having a sort of happiness to them. "Thanks." She breaths out as Korra helps her stand back up, still holding onto her forearm. Their contact doesn't break as they slowly smile at each other. Zylia hasn't seen that smile in a long time.

"Watch where you step." Korra says back, as she lightly bits her bottom lip. Seeming nervous. Zy looks at her lips, and then at her arms, wanting to touch her muscular arms. Though she reframe and pulls back lightly. "Something wrong with my arms?" Korra ask, making Zy shake her head and quietly giggle.

"No, your arms are very muscular is all." Korra chuckles and rubs the back of her neck, bashfully.

"Thank you."

"Thanks for catching me with those guns." Zy lightly bumps her, making them both laugh.

"Might I say, you have a very special smile." Korra looks shocked as she laughs.

"Special?" Zylia nods as she touches Korra's face gently. She wanted Korra to really take in her words, her acknowledgment of who this person is.

"It radiates, it's very contagious." She pulls her hand back noticing the blank stare she gave. "I'm lucky to experience it." Zylia begins to walk away, turninf back slightly as she tilts her head towards the shore. "We should sit on the bank and dry off."

"Yeah, we got soak." Both girl chuckle at this as they walk back to the bank laying on the ground to dry off.