Chapter four: Blue Eyes

The tension of awkwardness settled in the small room, as both girl sit looking anywhere but at each other. Korra wasn't even sure why she was letting this happen, wanting to staying with Zy instead of alone. Though deep down she knew why. She was afraid of being alone too. Her blue eyes looks at the ground, unsure what to say or do. "So..." Her head slowly raises up, looking at the light skinned girl. "Have you considered my offer?" The Water Tribe girl eyes furrow, being in a difficult situation. She knows that deep down she had face far worse than having an option of hitting the road with or without a stranger.

Maybe it was the fact that she doesn't want to admit she was lonely, or that she doesn't want help, doesn't want anyone to see how broken she really is. She knows how bad she is, but she feels like she can't resurface from this deep dark hole that consumes her. There was a lack of Raava/avatar spirit in her, there was a hole she couldn't even explain. She felt weak. "I don't know." She answered truthfully. "I don't want to be some burden or a distraction to you." Hearing a giggle Korra gaze fell onto Zy, as she put a hand over her scarred mouth, her eyes close, but soon open, her green eyes shinning, it was nice to see someone laugh.

"You won't be of such." The brunette stands as she tilts her head, her voice playful. "If anything I would be, you seem like quiet the bender, and well, I'm not one." Her blue eyes seemed to widen slightly. She knows. "Are you an Earth Bender or Water Bender?" Korra blinks for a moment, now confused.

"Why are you assuming?" Zy eyes rolls as she smirks.

"Well, Earth Kingdom clothing, very muscular body, ideally meaning you are a very skilled Bender right." She pauses as she puts a finger on her cheek, seeming to think. "But are your an Earth Bender or Water Bender?" Shocking the Tribe girl, she slowly nods.

"Yeah, Earth Bender." Korra still had a question. "How do you know that I'm...part Water Tribe?" Zy takes a few steps closer, further confusing Korra, as she stops in front of her looking into the beaten Avatar's eyes.

"Earth Kingdom people don't have such gorgeous blue eyes like you, Korra, only Water Tribe." Her voice was less playful and more calming and serious, like when Zy first introduced herself that morning. It memorized Korra, her angelic voice. "Though yours...I've never seen them so magical." Those two comments gorgeous and magical makes the dark brunette's stomach drop, but then fly. The shorter girl (Zy) smirks lightly and tilts her head.

"Gorgeous and magical?" Korra had gotten comments about her appearances. They weren't ever this flattering and so genuine before.

"Yep, you seem like one important girl, Korra, and I plan to become your friend and travel with you." The girl puts her hand out and smiles. "Care to join me? An adventure of us two, exploring and searching for a better meaning in the world?" Her blue eyes stares into her luscious spirited green eyes, a small smile forming onto her lips, having feel a real smile form after so long. A relief that she could smile again.

"Let's do it." Those pervious thoughts of doubt vanished. It was odd, she didn't know why she trusted this women, but she knew there was something about her, something she missed.