Chapter two: Introductions

Ten minutes passed as Zylia lays the unconscious girl onto her bed. The Nomad has heard of Korra's Avatar adventures, always cheering her on on the side lines. Her last big fight had ended up with her injured badly trying to heal in the South Pole. It was painful for Zylia to see her in this pain, it must've been painful. Not just what she had gone through, but what she was going through now. Quietly and softly she begins to grab some rags and clean some of the wounds and blood off.

It was odd seeing her so close, so tired, so grown. Even though bits of the Avatar's life was usually protected in media, she was still so confused on how she had gotten to here. Zylia looks at her old friend, noticing the scars on her arm and shoulders, the small freckles under her eyes. All the stories she'd missed, all the adventures, the world views, the laughs, the cries, all of it missed. The green eyes girl sheds her tears, looking away.

A part of Zylia loves this life she's been living, another hated it, and another guilted in her absents. Most of her life was lived in guilt. If she had stayed would Korra be back home? Or better? Would she had been in this much pain if she was there to help fight with Zaheer? The what if's swarm her brain, making her remove herself from Korra's side. Zylia angrily wipes her tears away, upset at her emotions. She had to leave home, it was for the better...

She sits herself on a small chair near the bed, calming herself. "Maybe I should try and meditate..." Zylia considered herself a very spiritual person, which was odd to her cause commonly in Non benders they don't have connections like her. She was able to see spirits occasionally and interact, but what she found out early on and also still fixates on is her ability to travel her spiritual self to the spirit world. It was most common for the Avatar and Airbenders, even occasionally of benders. Though she was told by scholars and spiritual leaders that Non bender can be spiritual but lacks actual connection. It was a phenomenon, one she kept to herself and some spirits.

It was probably how she was even able to find Korra, it was a stronger signal than most people gave off. Everyone to Zy had a spiritual aura, some stronger than others. But the Avatar's was like no other. What was different this time when she feels Korra's raw spirits is the lack of Raava, she had been disconnected with the Avatar's spirit and its powers. Maybe this was why she was here...to redeem her absence and to help her oldest friend she ever had.

_/|\_

"Ah!" Zylia snaps out of her meditation seeing the Water Tribe girl frighten and confused, making her face Zylia. "Who are you? Why am I here?" Her voice was raised as she stands from the bed, seeming mad and irritated. The non bender stands as she puts her hands out. Embarrassingly, she didn't mean to be meditating by this time.

"No need to panic." Calmness flows through her, notice Korra slightly calm. "Last night, you were pinned against a few guys, I took them out, got you here." She says noticing light spilling from the dusty curtains. "No need to panic, I didn't mean to startle you." The girl puts her arms down, still having tension. Should I confront her? Zylia thinks, not sure if she should tell her what's she knows. If she changed her whole look then I think she doesn't want to be known. "What's your name?" Korra looks at Zylia unsure what to do.

"Korra." She hardly breathed out. "I'm on my way out-"

"You live here?" I ask making her shake her head.

"No, I kinda just travel around." She admits. "You?"

"I don't either, why we're in a Inn room." Zylia informs as she sits back down. "Heading anywhere?"

"Not really." She admits. "Why?"

"Well, maybe we can stick together. We both seem to be lonely travelers." Korra, too, sits down, on the edge of the bed. "I was going to stay in this town for a bit, gets some extra cash. We can stick together if you'd like." Her faces changes, seeing confused and unsure.. It was unsure to her own self why she just did that...but she also couldn't afford losing her again.

"You don't have to say anything, I have to get working anyways. I'll be back in a few hours." The brunette stands up heading towards the door. "If you leave, then leave me a note. But hopefully I'll see you later, Korra. Oh, and good morning." With that Zylia opens the door and leaves towards Ms.Shiro's place, ready for a day of work.