Untouched Books

"Ada! Ada! Come here! Come look at this! Ada? Come over here! Please?" Legolas said excitedly.

Thranduil sighed, "What is it, my son?"

"Just come here! I have to show you!"

"Oh, all right." Slowly Thranduil started walking towards his son. They were out in the palace garden sitting and exploring. When they had arrived, right away Legolas had bolted off to explore. Thranduil had sat down on a cool stone bench to read, and grinned when he looked at the pile of books beside him on the bench. The books that his son had brought to read.

When Thranduil finally found his son, Legolas pointed, "Look, Ada! There's a cocoon! It's about to hatch a butterfly!" Sure enough, about a foot away from Legolas, was an iridescent cocoon. It sparkled with dew as a small, delicate creature slowly broke out of it.

"Legolas...did you disturb my reading all for a little butterfly? I was trying to read!" Thranduil complained.

Legolas grinned, "Oops! Sorry, Ada!"
Thranduil shook his head and began walking back to his seat as Legolas continued to watch the butterfly.

Once Thranduil had arrived back at the bench, he picked up his book once more, and began reading. His scanned the pages as his mind understood the words. Involved in his book, the time flew by, and before long, the sun was high over the sky. It was midday. They had been at the garden for at least five hours!

Thranduil closed the book and placed it beside him on the bench. Realizing how late it had become, and that he was extremely hungry, he set off to find Legolas.

"Legolas! Where are you?" Thranduil roamed the exquisite gardens in search of his son. "Legolas? It is time to go back to the palace!"

Quickly becoming frustrated, Thranduil tried a different tactic that had worked last night, "Legolas! If you don't come here this instant, I will never let you have another toy!" Thranduil stopped to listen for his son. All was quiet in the garden except for an occasional rustle of the wind through the trees. Thranduil gave up on threatening his son and continued to search.

After he had looked all around the garden, he had a thought. What if Legolas wasn't hiding at eye level? Changing his direction, the intelligent king began looking up right into the trees!

Sure enough, after a moment of scanning the tall branches, Thranduil spotted his little leaf.

"There you are, Legolas!" He walked up to the tree and gracefully began climbing up it. When he reached the top, to his surprise, Legolas was laying among the branches, reading! He had been so immersed in his book, that he had not heard his father calling him! Well, perhaps he was a tad bit ignoring his Ada, but it was just so much fun!

Legolas looked up from his book, "oh hi, Ada!"

Thranduil's jaw dropped, "Legolas...you...you...are reading!" For so long, Thranduil had tried and tried to get Legolas interested in books, and now he was! Slowly, Thranduil smiled, "My son, I am so happy that you are reading! Why this sudden interest in books? What is it that you are reading?"

"It is a book about the different races of middle earth, Ada! It's so cool! Did you know that there is a race called dwarves? They are really short and stay under ground a lot! Also, there is a race called men and the book says they are really foolish! It is such an interesting book!" Legolas spoke excitedly.

Thranduil smiled. Then, he settled in beside Legolas amidst the branches.

"Ada, would you read more of this to me?" Legolas asked.

"Of course, ion nin!" Then, Legolas turned the book to a new page and Thranduil began reading.

He read and read till the sun had set, and then they climbed down from the tree. Slowly Thranduil walked back to the palace with a small, sleeping elfing in his arms.

Wow! I just want to say that I cannot believe how many views this sort has gotten so quickly! It makes me just want to scream!!!!!! Thank you soooooo much all of you for taking the time to read my story!

Ithildaeforever<3<3