Legolas' First Bow

*Several Months Later*

Today was Legolas' birthday. Right away, many preparations were made for a large party. The halls were decorated in many ways with colorful flowers and string while delicious food was baked for the special dinner to be held.

Thranduil wanted to make sure that his son would have a wonderful birthday. Ever since his mother had passed, Thranduil did all he could to show his son special and true love, never wanting to lose the only one left that he cared for.

When Legolas woke up that morning, he was surprised to see a sign on the door that told him not to leave the room until sunrise. Legolas huffed in frustration for he would almost always get up before the sun and didn't like to waste any part of his day. 

Realizing that there was most likely a good reason for his instructions even thought he didn't like it, Legolas walked over to his closet. As he opened the closet, he grabbed a small green tunic that was his size, and put it on. Then, Legolas began to lump around the room sullenly. He was not in a good mood for he wanted to see his Ada on his birthday!

Finally, after what seemed like forever to Legolas, Thranduil opened his door.

"Good morning, my little leaf! Happy birthday!" Thranduil smiled at his son.

Legolas giggled and dashed across the room to his ada, his bad mood completely forgotten, "Morning, Ada!"

Thranduil picked Legolas up in his arms and swiftly carried him out the door towards the dining room.

They entered the dining room and sat down on grand oaken chairs, to a table filled with treats. Pastries, fruit, salad, and many Elvish delicacies adorned the long table. Legolas squealed in delight and began filling his plate with a lot more than he could ever eat.

"Woah! Slow down, Legolas! If you aren't careful, you will have a stomach ache soon," Thranduil scolded.

Legolas slowed down, "Sorry, Ada, I will try to slow down." But it wasn't too long before he sped up again, the excitement of the day keeping him from slowing down at all.

After breakfast, the king presented his son with a present. He handed the young elf a brightly wrapped package with tiny green leaves all over it.

 "Thank you, Ada!" Legolas exclaimed as he took the package and began tearing into it. Once he finished unwrapping the package, he pulled out a new bow!

Wow! A real bow all for me, the little prince thought with giddiness and excitement. Legolas quickly placed the small bow in his hands and grabbed an arrow which had come with. he started swinging it around pretending to shoot nasty Orcs, when he accidentally released the arrow and it flew straight into Thranduil's nose!

Thankfully the arrow wasn't real, it had a padded, imitation tip so it was harmless. Nonetheless, Thranduil was not happy with the fact that he had a fake arrow mark on the bridge of his nose. He rubbed it slightly and raised an eyebrow at Legolas.

"Oops. Sorry, Ada. I didn't mean to do that..." Legolas apologized, nervously wringing his hands around the small bow.

"Legolas..." Thranduil sighed, "I forgive you, just be more carful in the future, please."

Legolas smiled, "I will, I promise!" And with that, Thranduil's little leaf ran off with his bow to get into more mischief.

Another chapter done! Yay! Please comment and vote and follow!!! It is greatly appreciated!!!! Thanks!!!

Ithildae