25

"Wow, straight to the point, huh.” Jeongguk laughed ironically.

“S-sorry.” Taehyung said hastily, “Forget I said that.”

“No, it’s okay.” Jeongguk said, “I mean, you were bound to ask eventually. So, what in particular do you want to know?”

“Specifically? Well, I guess it’d be helpful to know why he showed up and crashed our date.” Taehyung said.

There was a weird tension in the air. One that wasn’t sitting there waiting to break, but one that was slowly and menacingly building up between them. Neither of them had been particularly rude or snarky to each other, but both boys could just feel themselves getting worked up already, just from being back in each other’s presence again. And though they didn’t know it, the tension was a result of them leaving things unsaid for far too long.

Jeongguk shrugged.

“I have no idea. He likes to piss me off. He probably gets off on that shit.” Jeongguk rolled his eyes, sitting back in the chair and taking a swig of his beer.

“Jeongguk.” Taehyung said sternly.

“I’m being deadass.” Jeongguk said. “Hoseok has a grudge against me and likes to make my life hell. I don’t know how he managed to show up where we were, but he definitely did it to piss both of us off. I nearly punched him after you left. I really don’t know how he managed to find us. Why there of all places?” Jeongguk asked rhetorically.

“Well you did take him on a date there before.” Taehyung muttered as he rolled his eyes.

“Huh?” Jeongguk asked. “What did you say?”

“Nothing.”

“I wasn’t asking for clarification; I heard what you said Mr Spiteful.” Jeongguk said, rolling his eyes back.

“Don’t call me names.” Taehyung frowned.

“I think I have every right to after you just took that dig at me.” Jeongguk huffed.

“It was hardly a dig.” Tae scoffed. “You already took Hoseok there and then you took me again afterwards.”

“I told you it was a special place for me. Nice to see you enjoyed yourself.” Jeongguk snapped sarcastically.

“I did until Hoseok showed up.”

“What are you implying? Just say it outright.”

“How could you sit there and let him shit on our date?” Tae blurted.

“Why are you saying it like it’s my fault?” Jeongguk asked in confusion.

“I’m not saying it’s your fault. But why didn’t you do anything when he showed up? You didn’t tell him to stop talking. You didn’t tell him we were on a date, nor did you tell him to stop being rude. Why didn’t you tell him to leave?” Tae asked.

“Why didn’t you?” Jeongguk asked back, staring right into Taehyung’s eyes. “I wasn’t the only one on the date.”

“Don’t put the blame on me.” Taehyung said irritably. “None of this is my fault.”

“And it’s not my fault either; I didn’t ask him to show up, did I? I won’t blame you if you stop blaming me.” Jeongguk said seriously.

“I’m not blaming you-”

“Yes, you are. Don’t lie.” Jeongguk said bitterly. “If you weren’t blaming me, then you wouldn’t have ignored me for 3 weeks. If you weren’t blaming me, then you wouldn’t be playing the victim role right now. I don’t know how you have the audacity to be complaining at me as if I've been having the time of my life these past few weeks.”