11

Jeongguk was fidgeting like an idiot.

He was twiddling his fingers and bouncing his leg up and down, and he knew that his father up on stage could see him out of the corner of his eye, but he kept going anyways.

He was too excited to meet Taehyung later on. Something about the cheeky blonde was fascinating to him and he just couldn't wait to spend more time with him. They had only spoken a handful of times, but Jeongguk felt close to the male already, wanting to be near him all the time.

Jeongguk was so immersed in his thoughts that he blocked out nearly every sound around him.

Even the sound of his father calling his name into the microphone.

A sharp shove from Hobi snapped him out of his daze, and he looked around him in confusion, wondering why everyone was looking at him.

"What?" He whispered to Hoseok, "why is everyone looking at me?"

"You're supposed to be up there right now." Hoseok whispered aggressively. "It's your turn for your speech."

Jeongguk's eyes widened as he stood up, making his way towards the giant podium. He smiled awkwardly at his father, before speaking into the microphone. He opened his mouth, prepared to recite his speech word for word from memory. And then he realised.

He had not written a speech.

"I-I erm." Jeongguk blushed. His eyes scanned the crowd and immediately landed on a pair of sparkly brown eyes that shone in amusement. Jeongguk stared at Taehyung, watching as the blonde struggled to stop giggling at him. 

Jeongguk was screaming internally, first at the complete and utter bullshit he was mindlessly spouting into the microphone, and second at Taehyung's adorable face hiding behind his hands as he shook with laughter.

His big brown eyes twinkled in the brilliant sunlight, creasing into happy crescent shapes. His nose scrunched adorably as he grinned joyfully. Jeongguk watched as his petit frame rocked back and forth as he tried to conceal his giggles.

"So I hope you enjoy the afternoon. And remember to keep donating!" He ended awkwardly, laughing lightly in disbelief. His father was going to kill him. But none of that mattered to him, once he sat back down and the ceremony drew to an end. The mandatory applause did a good job of snapping Jeongguk out of his daydream and making sure he was paying attention.

Everyone began to file out of their seats, making their way over to the food and other things laid out. Hoseok opened his mouth, but Jeongguk swiftly slipped through the crowds and made his way over to the deserts table, where he was greeted by the dazzling smile of a special blonde beauty.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" Taehyung immediately laughed, face scrunching up in amusement as he recalled Jeongguk's speech on stage.

"L-Leave me alone! I thought I did pretty well for something I made up on the spot! Cut me some slack; I was up until 6 doing paperwork." Jeongguk pouted.

Taehyung felt a bit bad, remembering Jimin's words about Jeongguk's working habits.

"Anyways I had to push like 50 people just to get over here, so you have to respect me. I made all that effort for your adorable self." The raven grinned triumphantly.

Taehyung blushed aggressively, ears turning a bright pink in embarrassment.

"I think I stepped on a couple of people. Actually they stepped on me. I don't know how they could see where they were going, with their noses held so high up like that. I'm honestly so surprised that you're not snobby like they are. Sooooo many people have glared at me!" Taehyung pouted.

"I kind of have a "rags to riches" life, so I don't like hanging with them either. They remind me of dogs, with their noses up in the air like that!" Jeongguk laughed.

"Oh, believe me. Some of them definitely look like dogs." Taehyung snorted.

Jeongguk stared in shock, mouth comedically wide.

"Taehyung!" He gasped.

"W-what?"

"I-it's just- you're usually so cute and fluffy. I never would've guessed you could say something like that!" Jeongguk began to laugh, completely shocked at Taehyung's cheeky personality. It only made him even more cute.

"God, you're so cute." Jeongguk muttered.

Taehyung blushed bright pink again, and so did Jeongguk when he realised what he said out loud."

"Y-you made these deserts, right? You gotta show me which ones are the best." Jeongguk laughed, absolutely fed up with his stupidity.

"Y-yeah. None of them have any honey in it, so you can pick whatever one you want. Yeonjunnie helped with the cupcakes!" Taehyung said, eyes sparkling at the fond memory of his son.

The room suddenly got louder, a commotion happening somewhere over on the other side. Hushed whispers and burning judgemental stares filled the room, leaving Taehyung with an ominous feeling.

Jeongguk was about to say something, until a blonde girl with wavy hair and a hot pink dress, stumbled and fell upon him. Her makeup was honestly quite tragic, and the foul stench of alcohol was invading the air around her.

Read the fucking room Taehyung thought. Her dress was cute, but way too short for a high class event like this. But it is really cute. Taehyung couldn't help but think. Maybe I'll buy it if I feel brave. Taehyung was zoned out, admiring the girl's dress, but hating her presence in front of him and Jeongguk. He couldn't be mad at her though, because as someone wise once said,

"You gotta shoot your shot"

"Hey Daddy." She purred, rubbing her hand on Jeongguk's biceps. The strangled, uncomfortable sound that Jeongguk let out, was one that snapped Tae out of his daydream, and back into reality. Her vulgar words soon registered in his head, and Taehyung would've barfed in his mouth, if he didn't immediately recognise that awful voice.

"Sunmi?"

**********************************
This is a lot shorter than I wanted it to be but it's not too bad.

Have a nice day everyone!

💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖