The Tears We Shed

Namjoon POV

"A friend," I spoke, looking into her eyes. 

Eun Jae smiled at me. Her hand lightly squeezed mine, her thumb rubbing my knuckles.

"My sweet Joon, your wish will come true; I can feel it. If my whole life was full of mistakes, adopting you would've been my redemption. I can't thank you enough for having the strength to stay with me even though the boys were terrible to you. You have been my rock all these years, and I hope the rest of your life is full of happiness and laughter," she grinned, her voice wavering.

"Master, don't talk like that. I don't want you to go. Please," I whined, more tears spilling out.

"Oh, Joonie, I may... fade from this world, but I will always be with you. When you love someone, they stay in your heart... forever. I will always be... in your heart, Joonie," Eun Jae uttered, her voice softening until it was barely a whisper.

I cried harder as I watched her head droop to the side. Her smile never faded, but I could only wail as her skin grew cold in front of me. My head fell onto the bed, my tears now small streams running down my cheeks.  The monitor went flat a few seconds later, making my cries louder. I heard the door open, but I ignored it. I looked at Eun Jae's face and cried harder. I reached to hug her, but someone's hands pulled me back. For the first time in years, I fought against them, trying to get to Eun Jae.

"Let me go! She can't leave! No, please," I bawled, my vision blurry from the tears. 

Slim arms wrapped around my waist and tried to pull me back, but I struggled against them too. A firmer grip held fast to my shoulders, and I finally noticed some nurses and a doctor had come in trying to revive her, but it didn't work. As I stared at her now lifeless form, I lost all my fight and let the hands that were on my shoulder and waist pull me from the room. My mind had gone blank, but the tears kept coming. She was gone...

Author POV

With Y/N

Jo Hyun guided the others to the waiting area, sitting in one of the single chairs, Sung Ji doing the same as Y/N, and Jin sat across from them on a small couch. Sung Ji folded his arms as he glared back and forth between the lawyer and doe-eyed girl, completely ignoring the hybrid that sat beside her. He quickly grew tired of the silence and sat up in his seat.

"So, are you going to sit there like a lump, or are you going to tell me why this little girl and her pet is here?" the eldest glared at Mr. Kang.

"I wanted to wait for your sons, but if you must know, Ms. Kim rewrote her will recently. Initially, it was only you and your sons included, but also recently, she came in contact with Ms. Y/L/N. I'm not allowed to go into detail until the reading, but there are a few things for her and the hybrid called Namjoon," Mr. Kang said, looking through a few papers as he spoke.

"And you expect me to believe my mother left that mutt anything?" Sung Ji scoffed.

"If you need proof, I'm afraid you'll have to wait for the reading of the will," Mr. Kang said.

"So you, little girl, what do you want for your silence? Money? New house? A ticket out of the country, perhaps?" Mr. Kim seethed, looking at you.