🌵chapter 12

Jungkook stuffed three to four omelette rolls into his mouth while constantly freaking out at the ticking clock.

He woke up late, forgot about his morning classes and was greeted by a broken chain in his cycle. The first class would be difficult to attend even if he flew so he decided to atleast have a relaxed breakfast but dropped the idea as soon as Jin asked him to drop Mina's lunchbox at her school which she refused to take with her because it was mushrooms for lunch. It was a chance to meet her. Just him and her.

"No one's gonna steal your food. Eat slowly", Jin walked into the kitchen with a lunch towel to stuff into the bag. Putting it down on the dining table before Jungkook he tapped on it, "Thanks for the help Mr.Jungkook"

"Sure Mr.Jin", he said while chewing down the delicious breakfast.

Jin left to the store chuckling at the boy. It was not like he was oblivious to Jungkook being excited over meeting his daughter. He knew both their feelings and though he was scared of letting them get together he still cannot interfere and get them to stop liking each other. He wanted to respect their decisions. Just like now, how he was silent about them distancing themselves and lying to their own feelings.

Jungkook happily walked down the pavement that led him to the high school where both Taehyung and he did their schooling. The same as Mina's.

The cherry blossoms near the school gates were the same every spring, full with pink flowers whose petals carpeted the ground below them. Boys who were almost his height played football in the playground. Most were bare chested, leaving their shirts and blazer on the steps of the little gallery seating by the ground where few girls sat cheering for their crushes.

Jungkook waited by the gates informing the security guard about his reason for visiting. Jin had already informed Mina through a call to her homeroom teacher. So she would be out in a minute or two.

The recess bell rang and students rushed out of their classrooms like survivors from a non stop attack that went on for 2 hours. Few were passed out on their desks and one or two sat with books like they were masochistic to being attacked with lectures.

"In front of the school gate!", Mina read Jungkook's message.

"I'll be back. Message me when the teacher arrives", she informed her friends and exited the class into the buzzing corridor.

Making her way through a bunch of crazily laughing boys and girls who walked in pairs or sometimes in horizontal lines taking up the whole width of the place (looking like the plastics from mean girls), Mina climbed down the staircase that lead to the ground floor.

Jihun who walked across the playground, drenched in sweat, noticed Mina and turned his direction to her. He followed her all the way from the senior block to the parking lot. Once or twice he would chuckle at her ponytail dancing left and right matching with her bouncy steps.

He pulled out a bracelet from his pocket and looked at her empty wrists that she swayed back and forth while walking. A little spring of happiness erupted in him to have chosen the perfect gift.

Though Mina didn't show it on her unbothered face the excitement to meet Jungkook reflected in her cheerful steps. Focusing on controlling her expressions she failed to notice the group of tall guys walking towards her. And she clashed against one of them.

"I'm sorry", she apologised and walked away.

"You! Stop right there", the guy called out arrogantly.

Mina turned around and saw him walk towards her. Only then she realised it was a senior to whom she had just spoke informally.

"What did you say?", he angled his head to the side trying to look intimidating which would've worked with any students but Mina.