🌵chapter 11

"Where is Jimin?", Dohyeon asked, sitting down on the velvet sofa carefully bending his aching knees.

Jimin's mother, Minhee, sat fidgeting unable to give a proper response except for stuttering, "Um..Jimin..he is…actually-"

Minjae intervened understanding the situation, "Jimin has gone out to buy you some flowers. To welcome you all", he flashed a smile to convince them.

Turning to his wife he said, "Why don't you call him and tell him to hurry home?", his brow raised, "Hm?". It was almost audible the way he gritted his teeth.

Minhee nodded obediently and dialed Jimin's number. A few rings later the line connected through.

"Jimin-ah? Are you still in the flower shop?"

Jimin's eyes shot wide open wondering if Kyungha had told on him. He felt his mouth go dry at the thought of getting lashed  at by his mother once he got home.

"Y-yes mother. I'm s-"

"Have you bought the flowers yet? Grandpa and Grandma have arrived home", she informed casually.

It hit Jimin. He had completely forgotten about his grandparents coming back home that day. Sighing out he rubbed his temples.

"I'll be right there mother", he informed and before he cut the call she reminded him of the flowers again. Understanding the situation he decided to go along with the play.

Getting up from the chair he turned to Taehyung, "I need to go back. Can you pick me some flowers suitable to welcome someone?", he spoke in a hurry. Both were sitting outside the shop near the display shelves enjoying the spring sun.

But the other didn't catch on the urgency, "Tell me the name of the flowers then", he questioned like a teacher.

"There is no time Taehyung. I need to hurry back"

"Come on. Try it. You know the answer", his brows danced up and down but Jimin wasn't having it.

"You don't understand! Ju-just get me some fucking flowers will you?", he yelled out and walked inside. All at once his fears flashed before. The greenhouse, his room in the mansion, his books and everything important to him were at stake. That was the way his mother usually punished him. Taking away what he considered precious. But she had never touched his little cactus and the way she would look at it with sad eyes confused him everytime. Like she knew something but swallowed it deep into her heart.

It was the first time Taehyung saw Jimin shout or get angry. As much as he was shocked, he was worried too. Following the boy inside he picked some peach roses and white orange blossoms to go in between them. Wrapping them with a white ribbon and a bow, he gave them to Jimin who was fiddling with the packet of Marigold seeds.

"Thanks", Jimin grabbed the bouquet, "Also thank your parents for today", he said and walked away forgetting the pot of lilies behind and Taehyung's personal goodbye.

Taehyung was used to his wide smile everytime they parted away but now it felt empty. He stood seeing him rush out of the door and an uneasy feeling crept into his heart.

Namjoon who heard the conversation walked to his son carrying the boy's jacket, "Here", he gave it to him.

Taehyung looked at him not questioning anything but a smile formed on his lips when his father nodded fondly.

"Thanks dad!", he rushed out, wearing the black jacket, to follow Jimin.

The said boy was sitting on the pavement a little far away from the shop unable to walk anymore.