🌵chapter 8

"Jaemin?", Taehyung chuckled, "I almost misheard it", he thought letting go of his hands.

He looked up and around the greenhouse with a smile that became an exclaimed "woah" and Jimin couldn't bother sparing a glance at anything else but him.

He smiled when the other smiled and his eyes followed his sparkly black ones that were wide in awe at the various plant lifes.

"You have such a beautiful greenhouse...", he saw how the creepers swirled around the dome framework and the honey suckles decorating the gazebo, "You must love plants", he stated the obvious.

For a second, Jimin's mind played through all those various imagines of meeting Taehyung and none had the possibility of having to lie to him. Too immersed in useless thoughts, he failed to reply.

Taehyung waved his hand to grab the attention he needed but noticed how the other took a step back in surprise.

"Oh!", Jimin caught his balance from the sudden movement, "I'm sorry. I got distracted. You were saying?"

Taehyung felt the need to keep distance because he has heard from Jihun that the boy standing before him has gone through certain unpleasant situations. So he took a step back as well.

"I said you must love plants", he searched through the bag and put on his garden gloves that were white with red fingertips.

"Oh yes. I really like growing plants", he scratched his nape, "though I don't know how", and came out an uneasy chuckle.

"Well I'll be here to take care of them for you temporarily. Don't worry"

"Right. You have to go back", Jimin muttered and unconsciously pouted at the news.

The smile on his lips, his small eyes, his cheeks like pink plums and the way he spoke, a tone so soft and elegant with much thought put into before even daring to utter the words, and by all these Taehyung was constantly reminded of someone. But the absence of the honey scent told him otherwise.

His bag laid by the fountain in a way it wouldn't get wet from the splashing water droplets. Walking around the place to study the variety of plants present, he made a note on what kind of help each needed. He walked through the rows of American Holly on either sides of the gazebo and the further away rows of chaste trees covered in their lovely purple flowers, whose branches begged for prunning and among them were weeping cherry trees that really looked like they were crying from very little care.

"You're cherry trees really do look like they are weeping", he joked turning to the gazebo where he thought the boy would be.

"So they are called cherry trees", a voice said from behind and Taehyung almost cursed in surprise.

"Oh you were here!", he said rubbing his pouding chest.

"I'm sorry. Did I scare you?", Jimin's hands reached out to help him on their own but he withdrew them at once.

"No. I was just surprised", Taehyung laughed, "But don't you know the plants you own?"

Jimin's cheeks flushed a little and he looked away not sure how to accept the embarrassing truth. With a slow nod he said, "I got this garden as a gift so...", he dragged on, "but I'm trying to get to know about them", his tone got a lot confident as if he didn't want to look completely stupid infront of Taehyung.

"Yes, you trying to know them is all that matters", Taehyung smiled and with clenched fists he cheered, "Fighting!"

"Thanks", the other's face fell low, hiding the blush on his cheeks.

"For today I will just prune the trees and water all the plants", Taehyung pushed his notepad into his back pocket, "And I'll take care of the weak ones from tomorrow", and looked at Jimin, "Can I borrow the garden tools?"