50 ~ All's Fair In Love & War

"Forget the butterflies; I feel the whole damn zoo when I am with you

"Forget the butterflies; I feel the whole damn zoo when I am with you." –Esther Dibie
____________________________________

NICCOLE'S POV

I knock softly on the door of Quillon's house. It's a really big house, so I doubt anyone's going to hear a knock. So I decided to press the alarm bell instead and wait. Few minutes later, I can hear the rustle of feet coming down stairs. And the door opens

"Hey Layla" I greet the housekeeper who opened the door

"Hey Niccole. How're you doing? It's been really long since you last came to visit. About a month now?" She pondered

"Yeah, Quillon and I... We just haven't been in a good spot as of late. Which is even why I'm here. Is he around? I uh... haven't seen him all day. Usually he'd come around my house to drop something or check up on me or ask to see me..." I trailed off guiltily, my mind going back to all the times I've refused to see him and thrown away all his gifts.

"Niccole, you seemed like a really nice girl. But I just can't believe what you did to Mr. Ivante. Yes, he was wrong. But right now, so are you" Layla chided

"Yeah well I'm here ain't I? I'm here to at least offer an apology. So if he's inside..."

"No, he's not in. I wouldn't lie about that. But I do know where he is, however. He always goes there when he needs to think or be alone, or when he's sad. He went there alot as a young boy, when his father newly died. It's like a safe haven for him, and no one else know about it, or knows where he is even, except me. But I'm going to tell you for one reason and one reason only. I believe my master truly cares about you, and he may not say it, but anyone with eyes can see it. So I believe you can make this right. And bring my master to his former self. I don't even him recognize him any longer. He's become a shadow of his own self. The only time I've seen him like this, was during his dad's death. If you truly care about him, solve whatever issues you have between the both of you, so that you can know where to go from there" she intoned, the injected concern in her voice seeming to stress out every single word she pronounced.

___________________________________

Three hours later, I brought out some money from my purse and paid the taxi man who'd brought me to the place Layla had said Quillon was. The place was so quiet, I wonder if anyone lived around here. It was like a huge cabin situated in the middle of nowhere. But the place was really beautiful and the scenery was really nice.

It had taken me three hours to get here, because I'd had to go back home to pack myself a small bag of clothes. I didn't know how long I was going to be spending here with Quillon. And judging from the look of this place, I'd make the right decision. Because judging from the look of this place, I really don't think there's any clothing shop situated around here at all.