16 ~ The Kiss Reminder

“As he read, I fell in love the way you fall asleep: slowly, and then all at once

“As he read, I fell in love the way you fall asleep: slowly, and then all at once.” – John Green, The Fault in Our Stars

___________________________________

QUILLON'S POV

This was torturous for me. I don't know why I was even telling Nicole this story. We've known each other for just roughly two weeks, and yet, it felt like she was the kind of girl I should have known all my life. She felt like the kind of girl a ten years old boy, starved of love, looking for it, could have easily fallen in love with. Instead of Austina.

"Oh my god, Quill, I didn't know. I'm so sorry. Are you okay?" I can hear the emotions in her voice; she genuinely means it, and I feel her arm lightly brush over my bicep, and I take comfort in that, sighing, even as my internal system spirals out of control with just that one brief feather like touch from her, god, what would finally happen when I get her into my bed?

A fantasy begins to weave in my mind, about me touching- kissing her all over, and she doing the same, briefly zoning out, and I watch in horror,as the car swerves and almost mistakenly hits a trailer, until I quickly swerve it back to the right lane

"Jesus, Quill, are you trying to get us killed!" Niccole exclaims

And I smile "that's twice now"

"What?"

"Twice that you've called me Quill"

"Oh I'm sorry. I hear it's only family and really close friends that call you that..."

"No, it's fine. It sounds beautiful coming from your own lips. Different, like it's a new name. I like it. You can call me Quill, Niccole."

"Okay" she says, the same moment I find us a parking spot. We'd reached the sea port. And we both get down. Intertwining my hand with hers, I lead her to the boat's that's going to be transporting us there.

And finally, we get in, the captain takes off. It's just us two, that's in the vessel. It used to he late Mr. Zema's property. It was passed on to me in the will as well. Yet I rarely used it.

"This vessel's yours?" Niccole asks me

"Yeah it is" I smile softly, staring at her once more, I'm completely mesmerized, anyone staring at us right now, would probably be able to figure that out. What was it about her? I don't know what it was it about her that called out to every instinctive feeling within me, To love, to hold, to cherish, to care for, to protect...

Niccole breaks into my thoughts

"I'm sorry, Quillon, did we Kiss last night? I know the question sounds a little bit weird, but I can't get it out of my thoughts that we kissed last night, and last night's event is really foggy in my head. It's not as if I'm trying to come on to you or anything, I'm not interested in that way, I was just wondering, and it's not about to leave my head anytime soon because I can't stop thinking about if we did it, or did not..."

"You're not interested in that way?" I ask, cocking a brow, and smirking as I see her fidget

"You know what I mean Quill"

"No I don't actually, you were saying just how much you're not interested in me. No, I don't understand actually" I reply, pinning her to the spot

"Jesus! stop staring at me like you're about to eat me raw! A girl cannot breathe under that stare!" She screams out exasperatedly, and I chuckle, forcing my eyes to look away from her, to give her breathing space.

Niccole's POV

Finally, he looks away from me, giving me breathing space.

"I uh...I'm glad to be friends with you Quillon. And I don't expect anything else-"

"You don't expect anything else?"

"Why are you finding fault with every word I say, and repeating them back to me as if I did not know what I said in the first place!?" I burst out exasperatedly, I'm suddenly on edge and I don't even know why. It feels as if there's an intense sexual sizzling under my skin, and I feel so hot

"Because I want you to hear you lie to yourself. Let's not play games Nicole. You know I want you. Badly. And you love it. Your body craves mine. If there's something at all that you are, it's very fucking interested. If you were not interested, you wouldn't even be here right now."

"Bastard! You're a liar" I gasp out, very shocked, even as my hands stretch out to grip the railings to prevent myself from falling,as my legs struggle to clamp together as if that would stop the liquid heat from pooling between my thighs, soaking through my panties. How was it even possible that mere words could affect me this way?

"I can't be a liar, if what I'm saying is true Niccole. And if I were to take a guess right now, I'd say you're wet. Very wet. Very fucking aroused actually. Your throat's gone dry, you're breathing faster, you're clenching your thighs together, your knees are threatening to give way under you, your body's practically begging and waiting for a kiss from me. I was wrong to kiss you so- briefly last night. You don't even remember it. Let me remedy that"

♣AUTHOR'S NOTE

HEY GUYS!...♥😍😘😜🙈

so I was able to drop a new chapter of HIS BOSS' WIFE (HBW)

Pardon any typo errors, this is the first draft, I won't have the time to edit yet, until I'm done with the novel. But if you see anyone you can kindly point them out to me, in the comment section. It would be immensely appreciated.

I've decided to be updating HBW every weekend. So a chapter every week, or 2 chapters if I'm feeling up to it, or wasn't so busy that week...

So please, if you liked this chapter, don't forget to

VOTE!!
Click the empty start below, at the lower part of this chapter, on your phone.

•It's just a single star, but it goes a long way to show me how much you appreciated the chapter, and the story as a whole.

•Even if you're a silent reader, it really doesn't take much to hit the empty star! Thanks a lot!😜

COMMENT!!!
This is just as important as voting, ergo, even more important, peharps.

• Comment on parts of the chapter you loved, changes you peharps want me to effect, or what you just generally loved about the story. It's really really appreciated. And it shows me that, alright Esther, there are people out there who are genuinely reading your works, and genuinely love it.

• If it's a criticism you wish to chip in, that's fine too. As long as it's useful and constructive.

FOLLOW!!!!
Alright, so this is just as important as well. You tap on my profile from the story, and go hit the follow button to follow me, if you genuinely liked the work, or wish to learn more about me, the author.

•Also, by following me, you get to always be alerted on your page, whenever I post a new chapter update on any of my works, including this one!

Hey! hey! Before you go, where you just going to leave like that?
Have you VOTED yet?
Pls do so before you leave!

BYE BYE!!!!😜😜😜