Four

Chapter 4
"Iron...Who?"

____________ *^°^'·~'<>°*_____________

Margot barged in through the front door of her apartment, frowning with doubt after knowing that she lost her phone to some homeless dude. She tried chasing down the guy, and when she finally caught up to him he tossed her beloved and precious phone over a bridge near the roadside to get run over by a car, and that was when she picked up a small rock from the ground to toss it upside his head, causing him to pass out, and for her to run away from the scene, so she wouldn't get caught by the Cops or whatever. She didn't have a clue for what she was going to do without her phone. It was basically the love of her life; the only thing she actually ever cared enough to share her cold and stoned heart with.

She walked into the kitchen that was connected to the living room, and stalked towards the refrigerator to open the door before reaching out towards the cartoon of milk sitting on the top shelf and tilting her head back to practically chug down the whole cartoon, and released a loud burp and placed it back in its former place, even though it was almost empty. As she closed the door back and started to walk away, she noticed a sticky note on it, that she must not have realized was there when she was looking through the inside of the fridge. Hey, Mags, I'm working on a late night shift at the Hospital tonight, so don't wait up, and I also left some change on the counter in case you wanted to order some pizza if you got hungry or something. And please don't burn down the apartment, while I'm gone. See you later. - Mom. Well, at least pizza was better than her mother's cooking.

She tossed the note into the trash before heading for her room to change out of her stained clothes from school earlier, and then afterwards, just as she started to set out a bucket of water balloons to toss over the terrace towards the people walking near the apartment and hear them scream, a sudden knock at the front door sounded, causing her to groan softly and set down the water balloon from her clutch before striding over to the door to peer through the peephole to see some man dressed in formal wear, and fixing up his collar, while running a hand through his gray, curly hair.

"What the hell do you want?" She yelled through the door, having bitterness in her tone. "Are you one of those male escorts for my mother or some shit, because if so, she's not here."

The man narrowed his eyes. "What? I'm not a male escort," he answered, scoffing slightly. "Look, do you know anyone by the name, Margot Morena by any chance?"

Her brow raised. "Who wants to know?' She inquired, thinking that he was a Cop, and that he knew about her throwing a rock upside a homeless guy's head earlier, and all the while, she didn't know what happened to the elderly man afterward. "Are you sure you have the right address?"

"Uh - one-eighty prospect place, yeah, I'm pretty sure." He replied, leaning his hand on the door. "Listen, can you just open the door so we can talk?"