Chapter 19

'I tell you both to go and check on him and yet he's standing in the living room?

'In all fairness, mate, I did just save your goddaughter.'

'Yes, but you've also tried to kill her multiple times.'

'Actually-'

'Oh, be quiet, Kol.'

'Just because you've daggered me more than once, Niklaus, does not mean that you can control me!'

'Actually, Kol, can you shut up? I've got a splitting headache and you're not helping,' I wheezed; my eyes still closed for fear of the lights around causing my headache to worsen.

I felt the side of whatever I was lying on, probably the sofa, sink as someone breathed down on me. 'Hey, how you feeling, kid?'

I cleared my throat before cautiously opening my eyes. Slowly, I lifted myself up, feeling Ric's hand on my back helping me to sit up. 'I'm okay, I think,' I laughed once I was fully up till a dull throb erupted in my head. 'Okay, definitely not okay,' I said, as I gradually fell back into the sofa cushions.

'Just relax and stay still,' Ric said.

'Yeah, like I'd do anything different,' I scoffed.

Ric simply laughed. 'Elena; go get a wet towel and some pills,' he said, brushing stray strand of hair from my face.

'Wonderful. Now that the child's up, can we get back to the matter at hand?' came a voice from behind the sofa.

'Not that I really care,' said Damon as he moved from his place beside the fireplace towards the area where the voice came from. 'But, why are you even here?'

The voice chuckled. 'We came to rescue our brother who had been imprisoned by you,' he replied bitterly.

'I'm sure it's nothing you haven't done before.'

'Damon...' Ric warned.

'Well, at least I have the decency not to go after my brothers girls unlike some.'

Damon remained silent at Klaus' remark which, if he was anything like Kol, made him smirk. Elena chose this point to walk in with a dark towel and a glass of water. She gave Ric the towel and placed the glass in my hand before depositing two pills in her palm into my other hand.

'So,' I started as I downed the two pills quickly, wincing as I felt the second stick in my throat for a second before being released. 'Is anyone going to tell me who the hell that woman was and what she wanted with me?'

'Her name is Lydia. She belongs to a coven of witches called the Scorpio Clan,' came a gentle voice from around the same place as Klaus which I soon recognized to be Elijah. He slowly walked round the sofa so that he was in my sight. 'This particular coven of witches feed on the powers of others, such as a hybrid and even an Original of any supernatural being, using it to make them immortal and powerful enough to destroy other covens.'

He walked over to the other end of the sofa I was on and slowly sat down. Everyone in the room seemed to have congregated around him; all eagerly listening to the Original. 'They do this in order to destroy the Elementals.' He looked at me for a brief moment with sad eyes before continuing. 'In their mind, they see Elementals as a threat to the world-'

'You mean to themselves,' Bonnie interrupted, causing the room to look at her. I felt my brows raise as I saw the look on her face; it was emotionless yet you could see the anger burning beneath the surface.

'Indeed, Miss Bennett,' Elijah replied. 'For centuries, they have made it their mission to destroy every Elemental in hope that there will be no more. Of course, now have they only realized that an Elemental is chosen, not born to another.'