Chapter 6

'Okay...let me see if I understood this right. Everything in life is basically a lie. Creatures like vampires, ghouls and all the other crap exists.

'Damon, Stefan and Caroline are vampires. Bonnie's a witch. Tyler's some weird vampire werewolf hybrid thing. Ric's a vampire hunter, which is bizarre as you're friends with Damon, Matt's a human and Elena's a doppelganger.

'Vampire's can die in the sun unless they have a daylight ring which is what you all have. You can die with a stake and...other weird ways including vervain but not holy water or garlic. You can also compel people to do what you want them to do unless they've ingested vervain or are wearing it. Vamps also can't go into a house unless they've been invited in by the owner.

'Witches I actually understand and the whole hybrid thing is confusing as hell but I think I have the basis...You are originally werewolves but, with the blood of the doppelganger and something to do with the original hybrid, you turn into hybrids. That means that you can turn when you want to and not at the full moon, can walk out into the sun without a daylight ring and can drink from people like a vampire...

'Every few hundred years there is a doppelganger, which is what Elena is, and they're this sort of cosmic phenomenon with special blood...Have I covered everything?'

The entire room was silent once I had finished speaking. Matt was sitting in between Bonnie and Elena on the sofa opposite mine in the Salvatore boarding house. Alaric was drinking away his mind with Damon by the fireplace whilst Tyler and Caroline were sitting on the far side of the sofa I was on. However, Stefan was nowhere to be seen.

'That's the simplified version but yeah, you got it,' said Damon with a smile as he downed the last shot of his drink before speeding over to the alcohol table and refilling it.

'Simplified version...great...' I laughed humorlessly.

'Look; I know it's a lot to take in,' said Elena as she leant forward. 'And we don't even know about everything or even why you can't be compelled but-'

'A lot to take in?' I said, incredulous at the way she was acting. 'Are you fucking kidding me?!'

'Andy!' Alaric said sternly but I wasn't listening.

'Finding out that you're adopted is a lot to take in. This is ridiculous! This is mad! Vampires and witches and werewolves-'

'Oh my,' came a quiet voice from the side. Everyone's head whipped round to see a grinning Klaus standing by the open front door. 'Well, isn't this a sweet little gathering. I almost feel like I'm interrupting a teenage sleepover what with Damon here.'

'Look what the wind blew in; a PMSing original hybrid. How thoughtful,' Damon said sarcastically before giving Klaus a cold glare.

'From the sounds of it, Damon, you aren't happy to see me,' Klaus replied walking further into the house. 'Which I can't quite believe.'

'What do you want, Klaus?' Elena asked though there was a touch of fear in her eyes.

Klaus' smile didn't falter once as his eyes drank in the scene. It only grew once they landed on me. 'Well, well. This really is something I can't believe,' he said with curious eyes causing shivers to break out over me. 'I thought it would at least be another attack before something came out. You're all so full of surprises.'

'Plans change,' said Alaric as he walked to stand beside me, glaring at the newcomer.

'Well, compulsion usually does the trick. That's what being a vampire is all about,' he said with a smile at the entire room though the last part was clearly aimed at me for his eyes flicked to me for a heartbeat before landing back on Damon who was standing behind Elena.