Chapter 14

A/N - Little bit of..explicit stuff half way through so be warned!

The pain was excruciating. I fell to the ground, ignoring the rocks and gravel stabbing into my skin, as I clutched my head in my sweaty hands whilst my screams filled the air. A murmur of chanting made me wrench my eyes open to look up and see a young woman standing a few feet away, staring at me.

'Got you,' she murmured before she continued to chant, increasing the pain that was already pulsing through my head. My blood felt like it was as hot as the fire in hell. It wasn't the usual exhilarated feel I had when I used my powers, it was much worse and I couldn't do a thing to stop it.

I felt my body begin to slack; my breathing becoming shallow and my vision starting to blur. All the sounds around me blended into one yet I could still feel the woman get closer to me. As my body began to drop towards the floor, I heard a faint gasp before the distinct sound of bones being cracked. Almost instantaneously, the pain stopped as though it was never there to begin with.

I looked up to see Kol standing over the woman's body with a terrifying look in his eyes. I coughed loudly, tasting metallic in my mouth. I closed my eyes in pain as I placed my hand over my mouth as I continued to cough. Suddenly, arms were wrapped around me and lifting me up into their embrace. 'I can walk, you know,' I coughed, immediately regretting opening my mouth.

Kol didn't bother to answer or even to look down at me. Instead, he carried me towards what I assumed was the backdoor of the manor and up a grand set of stairs, though they weren't nearly as fancy as the staircase in the foyer. I closed my eyes as I continued to cough, trying desperately to stop myself as my stomach was already starting to ache from coughing so much.

When I finally opened my eyes, I was lying on a four poster bed in a cream and white room. I lifted myself up slowly, letting my eyes wonder round the room. 'Like what you see?' came a voice from the side.

I turned my head to see Kol without his jacket and bow-tie, leaning against the wall across from the bed. My mind was on red alert, causing me to shoot upright on the bed, holding my arms out in front of me.

'Relax, darling,' Kol purred as he moved away from the wall, staring at me with hooded eyes. 'I won't bite.' He accentuated each letter as he walked around the room; his smirk growing with each step.

'Now, why do I find that hard to believe...' I muttered, immediately wincing once I finished due to my throat being hoarse from the event before.

'You look like you could use a drink,' came a voice from beside me causing me to jump away from Kol who had suddenly appeared on the bed besides me holding a whisky glass with something that was definitely not whisky. His usual smirk grew into a grin as he saw the look of confusion on my face. 'It's only a bit of blood. It will help with the cuts.'

My face went from disgust to disbelief in a matter of seconds. 'I don't need your help or your blood or anything from you, okay? I'm fine!' As I went to push myself up from my bed, a pain like an electric shock shot through my hands cause me to cringe in pain.

I slowly turned my hands over as I brought them to my lap; my eyebrows frowning at the sight of blood gently trickling from my palms and onto the turquoise dress. 'Well, that's not good...' I muttered as I stared at the blood, feeling myself getting lost for just a second. Even when Kol took my hands in his, my stare didn't break. It was though I was in a trance, hypnotized by the sight of my own blood.

It was Kol's laugh that brought me out of my daze, like the sunlight slowly waking you up from a nap. I gently turned my head to face him, feeling my brows crease as my eyes fell on the ghost of his grin. 'You'll get addicted,' I muttered as I pulled my hands away, yet my eyes stayed on his.