~ 1 ~

I roll my eyes as my father greets all of the guests that attended today's church service

My father is a pastor and all he does is talk "the word" night and day.

I understand it's important to have a healthy relationship with God but damn I don't wanna hear about it every damn day of my life.

My mom stands to the side talking to all the church wives about god knows what.

She's a different story.

She puts up a front as the perfect wife of a pastor. She acts like she's all dedicated to helping the church and the community, but at home she talks shit about everyone that steps into the church.

She's sort of me when it comes to all this church stuff.

She thinks it's important to have a healthy relationship with the Heavenly Father, but too much talking about it just gets overwhelming.

"This is my daughter Malika," my dad says coming up behind me.

"Hi," I say to an old couple with the fakest smile on my face.

"It's good to meet you, we love everything your mother and father are doing for our community,"

I smile awkwardly not knowing why they were telling me this.

"It was nice meeting you," I say to them.

"Nice meeting you too baby," the man's wife says to me as she pats my shoulder.

"Ready?" my dad asks as my mom approaches us.

"Yeah," she nods.

We head home where my mom starts to prepare our usual Sunday dinner.

I'm not sure what she's making but I'm just gonna nap until it's done.

Before I get in the shower I hear my phone ringing and pick it up noticing that my brother Larry is calling.

"Boy what?" I answer.

"Service over?" He asks.

"Yeah, why,"

"You wanna play that one on one that you keep backing out of,"

"Who backed out. And yeah where you at"

"Aww look at you finally accepting a challenge, and tell me when you get here. I'm down at the studios,"

"Alright, I'm on my way,"

"I'm going by Larry at the studios," I tell my parents as I grab my keys from out of the living room.

"Alright, don't stay out too late,"

"Be careful in that car girl. God forbid anything happens to you. I love you, baby,"

"I love you too," I say quickly walking out.