Chapter 5: Annabeth(We all know she's a demigod)/Dr. Flake(Mortal)

A/N: This is more of a Percabeth moment.

Annabeth's POV:

I was sitting on the couch, eating blue popcorn, and watching my movie. Percy said he would be home at 5 for dinner, so I was just waiting. As a kiss in the movie was about to come, it got interrupted by the newsflash. I groaned in frustration. Why out of all times did it have to happen now? I was snapped back to reality at the reporter's voice.

"Breaking news, an eighteen-year-old boy was attacked by rabid animals on his way back home. No animals were spotted, only dust. Detectives are to work on this case. This boy is an Olympic swimmer, black hair, sea-green eyes, Percy Jackson. He's lost a lot of blood, bleeding on the streets for forty-five minutes, unconscious, until a pedestrian came upon him. This pedestrian's name is Janice Jerome," a girl with brown hair and brown eyes stepped forward with a german shepherd. "So, Janice, tell me how this happened."

"So, I was walking down the streets, taking a walk with Dusky. Dusky all of a sudden began to bark loudly, dragging me down the street with a huge force he's never mustered before. Though Dusky is a very big dog, he has never shown aggression. I held him back but he whimpered, crying. I let him go, following him. He came to a stop in front of a pool of blood, and there was a man laying there. I didn't know what to do, so I bent and checked him out. I was checking his pulse and I saw a name carved in his watch. Percy Jackson. I called the ambulance immediately."

I looked confused and checked my phone. 6:00. Dang, I miscounted the time. I grabbed my purse and called the hospital.

"Hello, Dr. Flake speaking. If you are talking about Percy Jackson, I have him under my care," he said.

"I'm Annabeth Chase, his girlfriend. I wish to come to see him," I said.

"Very well, your pass will be printed at the front desk. He's in critical condition, but I've managed to try and seal up some wounds... He might not make it," he added.

I grabbed the ambrosia and nectar and ran into my silver Mercedes. I drove away from our mansion and to the hospital. I shoved my body outside, locking the door, then running inside.

"Annabeth Chase, here for Percy Jackson, I need to go ASAP."

"Look, honey, I don't think you need to yell--"

"LET ME IN!" I screamed, grabbing the pass as it printed, sprinting down the halls.

Room E627... I thought to myself.

I burst into the door, where doctors were frantically trying to cure a bloody Percy on the table. I cried out and held his cold hand. I held out the ambrosia and began to put it in Percy's mouth, when a doctor took it out of my hands and shook a finger at me.

"Candy will not help right now, young lady."

"It will! It's not candy!"

"Let me clarify," he insisted.

He popped it into his mouth.

"NO!" I screamed.

He turned to ash. I quickly put the square in Percy's mouth, making the wounds heal a little. I cursed and poured a drop of nectar into his mouth, making them seal up more. I felt his heartbeat fading and I had to think fast. What to do... WATER!

I grabbed a huge bottle of distilled water.

"THAT'LL MAKE IT WORSE!" a doctor yelled.

I poured it all over his wounds. They closed up and the color returned to his healthy tan skin, his breathing deepened, and his face relaxed. His beautiful eyes opened, looking at me.

"Annabeth..." he whispered.

"Percy..." I whispered back.

I cried and hugged him, holding him tightly. I took a step back and slapped him hard on the cheek.

"You! You idiotic seaweed brain! What did you do?"

"15 hellhounds..." he whispered.

I felt my eyes widen in terror.

"Okay, since when did they all hate you?"

"Wise Girl, I thought you'd know they all hate demigods!"

Dr. Flake was shaking his head and the doctors all left, leaving him alone with us.

"Mr. Jackson, you're delirious, you cracked your head open and--"

"I'm speaking the truth. I do have a talent of making people hate me, don't I?" he joked.

I let out a small laugh and composed myself. I turned to Dr. Flake, my eyes focused and threatening.

"What we tell you in here today, Mr. Flake, is not to be heard by any mortal, you understand?"

"All of us are mortals, so yes."

I rolled my eyes and held Percy's hand. 

"How much do you know about Greek Mythology?"

"Well... I know the gods, I know how they fell--"

"They're real and alive," I interrupted him, making his eyes bulge.

"They...what?!"

"I'm a daughter of Athena and he's a son of Poseidon," I stated, daring him to say more.

"I thought Athena and Poseidon hated each other... and I thought Poseidon wasn't allowed to have offspring!"

"Athena respects Percy, as Percy is a hero of Olympus, having saved it two times. Poseidon and Athena don't get along, but we are Aphrodite's OTP, so there's nothing they can do but kill us," I said in a flat tone.

"I swear I will never tell a soul about this."

I nodded and Percy leaped off the table, holding my hand.

"We'll be going now," he said, giving Dr. Flake a smile.

We walked out and saw a gaping Janice.

"Hey, thanks for saving my life, kid," he said, smiling warmly at the younger girl.

She smiled.

"You're welcome, Mr. Jackson," she smiled sweetly.

We nodded and drove away, laughing. That was how a doctor met us, Percabeth. A week later, we got a call from the doctors saying that Dr. Flake seemed to be insane and that he kept muttering under his breath about greek gods and Olympus. I held in my laughter at the phone call and we hung up, falling over, laughing. I guess we drove too many people insane in one day.