Edgeshot X Reader

Your boyfriend was a piece of work honestly. Jumping from number 11 to the number 4 spot because of his help fighting off the nomu and helping All Might in his final battle during the Kamino Ward he earned his stripes. You were proud of him honestly you were but, his new rankings just meant that you had less time to be with him something that you didn't like. You already had sparse time with him but now that sparse time you had was cut down even more. You were lucky to see him twice a month outside of the TV or patrolling. The heroes knew of your existence but, he wanted to keep you a secret from the public and the vultures aka the media. You understood why he kept it like that, it wasn't because he was ashamed of you far from it actually. He already had a life out there for the world to see, he didn't want his private life out there nor did he want any villains targeting you especially the League or followers of the League. This all made sense but, it didn't stop you from missing him or being jealous when the public and other heroes saw him more than you did.

"Why the long face?" You gasped jumping throwing your book into the hair turning sharply to see who was that. You came face to face with your boyfriend who had the audacity to chuckle after just aging you by two years and maybe even giving you a grey hair.

"You sneaky quiet son of an asshat." He full on laughed at the use of your insults like he always did. He was never offended by anything that came out of your mouth he always laughed it off and called you cute for trying. He's such an ass

"I was watching you and you haven't turned a page in that book for the past 5 minutes so I decided to intervene your thoughts before they became too much and overtook your mind." You blinked at him the only thing registering that he was silently watching you instead of being normal and coming inside.

"You're so weird Shinya." You huffed turning around to pick up your book and your glasses that went flying when you stood up. Honestly you needed a new pair but with work and other things getting in the way it was hard to find time to sit in an office for your vision.

"You need new glasses don't you?" Ever the perceptive one. You turned to address what he said but was met with a pair of soft lips covering your own. His hands were splayed gently on your face and you wrapped your arms around his neck to deepen the kiss. He removed his hands from your face putting them on your hips pulling you flush against him as the kiss turned heated. You guys stood there for a few minutes kissing and petting each other down missing the feel of one another. Finally you both pulled away looking at each other

"I really missed looking at you." You didn't move your eyes from his face as his eyes roamed over your face, his thumb tracing every outline, every blemish and beauty mark. "The sun needs to hurry up and make a presence so those pretty freckles can show." You blushed at the sincere smile that graced his features as he leaned his forehead against yours inhaling your scent. It was times like this that made it all worth it. Whenever you grow impatient and want to see him, whenever it's been weeks and you haven't physically touched or be held by him, whenever urges appeared out of no where that only he can satisfy it was moments like this that made it all worth it. He always proved that he was worth the wait.

"I missed you more Shinya...You should change while I set out the food." He reluctantly pulled away disappearing into the back of the apartment. You went to the kitchen to finish up cooking as you heard the bathroom door softly close and the shower turned on. You hoped he used the body wash you love to smell on him. It made him smell like cookies and creme and that in your opinion was a delicious smell. Once he was out the shower you placed the food at the kotatsu where you both had light conversation in between bites of food

"Your cooking never fails to amaze me. You should become a chef." You smiled at him deciding to tease him a bit

"But then I wouldn't only be cooking for my favorite ninja." You enjoyed the light flush on his pale cheeks. He finally had his hair down but you knew he had something in his pockets to make it stick right back up if he had to go in a hurry. You're pretty sure it was quirk influenced but whatever.

"Then your favorite ninja will get jealous." The two of you shared a small laugh now paying attention to the TV as a movie played. You both finished the food and he opt to clean the dishes which you allowed him to do. You got up and decided to just sleep on the pull out bed with him. He was usually gone in the mornings so maybe by you being close to the door you can catch before he has to leave. "What's got you thinking so hard?" You looked up at Shinya who was leaning over you with slight concern

"I want to sleep here so maybe in the morning I can catch you before you leave if I'm lucky enough." He said nothing to that as he simply stripped down to his boxers and laid down on the pull out bed with you. You snuggled into him practically laying on top of him. You were scared that you were too heavy but, he always reassured you that he liked the weight and knowing that you were safe in his arms.

"I'll be sure to wake you before I do. Please rest now my doll." He peppered your face with light kisses rubbing your back in soothing circles lulling you into slumber. Your last thought was that you hoped he kept his promise and will be here in the morning.

-----------------------------------------

Thoughts?