Hawks X Autistic Male Reader

You thought your lack of expression would scare Keigo away when you first met but, he didn't mind it. In fact he's one of the very few people to encourage your behavior. You were used to being called strange and weird for not showing emotion but, you just didn't feel the need to. If you did not feel the need to show an emotion at something that didn't effect you then you weren't going to make a face. Your face will remain neutral. It did bother you that you couldn't be like other people and make expressions with your face but, you learned to accept it. You can't help the way you are, you did not ask to be born with Autism a disability that wires your brain differently from the average person. You did not lack empathy or sympathy. You felt all emotions and tried your best to understand other people's emotions but, there is no need to always have an expression.

"What are you thinking about in that head of yours?" You turned to Keigo who had just came out the kitchen with home made mashed potatoes, fried chicken and mixed vegetables. A lot of people believed that he couldn't cook because he looked like the type who couldn't cook. You didn't understand how the media would make that assumption about someone just by looking at them.

"How strange some people are. I understand I have autism but I don't understand why people always feel the need to have an expression on their face? It doesn't make them look weird at least to me it doesn't" You looked at Keigo glad to see he had his mask he puts on for the public off. He was based off of a red-tailed hawk. They were predatory birds who stood still, watched, had incredible eyesight, flight and muscle power. It was weird to see someone who resembles a predatory bird have such expressions on their face.

"That's because the public and society are jerks and don't accept people who have plain faces, or just no expression like how we look." He had a point. Right now according to the media Keigo looked deadpan, bored, expressionless, they couldn't tell what he was thinking. His mouth was in a thin line, eyes big pupils blown and hyper-focused on everything. That was just how the real Keigo was.

"I love the way you look." He gave a small genuine smile. His genuine smiles were small, they were never big like the media and public thought it was. He never liked to talk as much as they made him. He also was not that big fan of fried chicken he just got used to it because he was taught to not eat raw meat. Too bad you always kept raw meat for him. It was only natural.

"I know you do baby bird. That's why I love you." He planted a small kiss on your forehead running his talons through your hair. He convinced the public it was nail polish but up close you can tell the black ends are in fact talon like appendages. "You don't mind the way I am the same way I don't mind the way you are." You smiled pulling him in for a hug. He squawked in surprise but, quickly wrapped his arms around you in a hug

"I can hug you like this right?" You nodded your head in affirmative. You loved how he would always ask for consent, it made you happy. You did the same for him because he hated when people touched his wings. They were sensitive and his feathers felt everything even the wind so sometimes their touches hurt. You knew how to touch, where to touch and when to touch. Sometimes he needed space the same way you needed space. The two of you knew each other's cues and understood each other emotionally.

"Can we go flying?" You had some new wind techniques you wanted to try out. "I have new wind ideas I want to try." You looked at Keigo who pulled away with a grin.

"Let's go." He grabbed your hand the two of you heading for the balcony. There was no need to bring anything since he always left the balcony doors open and the two of you weren't going to go flying for long. "Hold on tightly." You wrapped yourself fully around him and in three seconds he took flight. He was fast and you already knew where he was going. There was a very windy spot near a lake that the two of you liked because it was very secluded. Perfect for the number two hero and his boyfriend to go and not be hounded by the reporters. "We're here birdy." He hovered in the air waiting for you to activate your quirk. You straightened up the best you can closing your eyes and opening them. Your eyes glowed, hair flowing around you as you used your hands to guide the wind to flow in an oval shape

"Fly Kei." He did as instructed moving just a little allowing you to guide him. The two of you did a dance in the sky flowing gently letting the wind flow through your hair and sing in your ears. It was a beautiful harmony that lasted for about 20 minutes until you got tired and you stopped leaning against Keigo to catch your breath. "Was that good?" He hummed rubbing his hand up and down your back soothingly

"That was perfect my little song bird. I'll take us back home, yeah?" You nodded your head hugging him lightly around the neck as he took off back to your home. You didn't get a lot of these moments with him but, when you did you enjoyed every second of it. Once back home he set you down gently and locked the balcony doors behind the two of you. You felt lethargic and started stripping to get into bed "My song bird wants to take a nap?" You simply nodded and he smiled taking off his clothes as well and sliding into bed next to you. "Close your eyes and take a nap handsome. I'll be here when you wake up." Not one to miss a nap you did as instructed snuggled into his chest in the safety and comfort of his wings.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What are your guys thoughts?