5~ training camp.

Start from the beginning

"That'll do now. Next!"

With that, Yamaguchi ran off court and gather with the others as Daichi took his turn.

"Hey! Yamaguchi." I called him over. After wiping his face, he jogged over to me with a smile.

"You have strong will power." I smiled, making him blush a little... jee, what is it? Is everyone getting a fever? "You need to focus on your reflexes, as well as building up more strength in the arm. Like coach said, practice. Just keep those factors in mind and soon receives will come a lot more naturally."

"R-right..." he nodded, thinking it through.

"Good. Let me know if you need any tips or help anytime."

"That'll do for receives, let's practice spikes now!"

"Go go go!" I ushered the boy off as I held my tablet. He nodded and ran off to line up for the spikes, him in Sugawara's line.

Whilst they began, I quickly opened the tab for Yamaguchi and wrote down the brief notes before observing again.

I watched as Kageyama and Sugawara set the balls for the others. I'm still impressed by Kageyama's aim and pin point accuracy... kind of like someone else but different at the same time.

Sugawara is a strong spiker too. Though he doesn't seem to have the same eye as Kageyama, he has strong relations with the team and can pick up on their preferences for sets. He clearly has good communication skills, it's clear he's the one person everyone seems to love, he has a relaxing but at the same time supportive personality.

"Woah woah woah! Nice!" The coach gawked.

I smiled to myself and looked up at the coach cheering the two on... or at least I thought he was.

His eyes were fixed on Kageyama's sets, especially the ones Hinata hit. It didn't seem like he was paying much mind to Sugawara.

I looked over to the setter and he must have felt the same way. He had this look on his face as he was staring at the coach. He didn't seem all that impressed.

"Nice going Sugawara!" I called out, getting his attention. I gave him a soft look and a somewhat understanding nod and his eyes widened ever so slightly.

"U-uh... can I go now?" Yamaguchi asked awkwardly as he held the volleyball.

"Oh... yeah!" Sugawara got his head back in the game and continued on.

After hours of practice, the sun had set and the coach announced to wrap things up for today.

Once things were cleared and the gym was locked, we all made our way to where we'd stay the night.

"WOAH! SO THIS IS TRAINING CAMP!" Hinata yet again gawked as he ran around the place.

"Is it really all that exciting?" Kageyama huffed as Tsukishima, Yamaguchi and I approached the two.

"Of course it is! I've never been to a training camp before." He replied.

"It's just a bunch of loud disgusting guys in your face all day everyday, what's so fun about that?" Tsukishima remarked.

I snickered at his comment before Tanaka startled me, appearing from behind us.

"YOU TAKE THAT BACK!"

"YEAH! ANYBODY WITHIN A MILE RANGE OF OUR GORGEOUS KIYOKO IS AUTOMATICALLY PURE AND BEAUTIFUL. NGHHH!" A wild Noya appeared, sticking out his tongue.

I walked away from the huddle and stood beside Sugawara, "So, these two are Kiyoko's main fan boys?" I whispered.

"Just wait to see this reaction." He smiled as Tanaka continued fawning over her.

"Kiyoko lives right by here. She goes home whenever the day is over." He said casually, the two boys collapsing to the floor face first as Sugawara walked away giddily.

"He did the damage and left..." I stared at the two before following the third year off.

"So, Kiyoko only comes in during training?" I asked.

"That's right." He nodded, "Oh wait... the coach said you'd stay in a room with her didn't he..." he stopped and thought, "I'm sorry, I didn't realise sooner..."

"Oh no, please don't worry." I shook my head, Asahi and Daichi walking over to us, "I don't live as close on the other hand..." I shrugged.

"Yamamura, Takeda set out the room. The one next door to us is a smaller one, you'll stay in there." Daichi said.

"Ah, great. Thank you!" I smiled and nodded.

As we continued, the door in front of us to the kitchen opened, Takeda walking out and staring at the boys on the ground.

"Do I even want to know..." he sighed.

"Come on guys... food's ready." Kiyoko said, standing in the door. I watched in amusement as the two boys faces lit up and the life seemed to flood back into them, as though she was their fountain of youth.

"Oh my god..." I muttered.

"Thanks for the food!" We all said as we sat around the tables. I sat on the second table, beside Tsukishima and had my back to the others.

As we ate, we all made small talk to pass the time.

"Hey, lil coach." Coach Ukai called to me.

I hummed and spun around in my chair to face them, "Could I borrow your tablet later? I want to go through it again." He asked and I nodded.

"Sure, I'll grab it when we're done."

"Uhm, Yamamura, if you don't mind, could I take a look at it with the others later?" Daichi asked.

"Sure! I'll run it into you guys when the coach is done with it." I nodded

"Thanks." He smiled.