Chapter 12

Sunday passed by really quick, I decided to stop at Nosta Cafe again before heading to the office to get coffee.

I drove to the office, nodding at the security man as he let me into the building. I walked to my cubicle, dropping my bag and coffee. I met Amaka on the way to her cubicle.

"Good morning" she said smiling, adjusting the strap of her messenger bag.

"Morning" I replied before handing her the coffee.

"Thank you so much. You have no idea how much I needed this." She gushed taking a sip.

"This is really good. Nosta Cafe?" She asked staring at the cup.

"Yeah, it's this little cafe in Wuse 2, Atakampa Street, it's in a complex with some other restaurants." I explained.

"Thanks. I'll be sure to check it out." She said sipping more of the coffee. I walked back to my office taking a seat. I was almost done with most of the files in my office.

"Where are the files from that Barde boy? We need to add the..." Mr Adebayo trailed off as he stood in front of my cubicle. "what are you doing here?!" He asked, eyes bulging.

"Working" I replied innocently turning in my chair to face him, I bit my lip to suppress the smirk. He glared at me, about to open his mouth and probably reprimand me when he caught sight of the files neatly arranged on the table and another arranged in the file cart.

I raised a brow as he paled, looking as if he had seen a ghost. At that point I wished I had a camera to take a picture of his expression.

"Sir, I'll personally remove the files from his off..." Abdul's voice came out from nowhere. At this point, I couldn't help the smirk that found it's way to my lips. Heck, I didn't want to.

"No need for that" Mr. Adebayo said, shock still evident in his voice.

"Pard..." Abdul stopped, his eyes bulging at the sight of me. As amusing as it was, the novelty of their shock wore of real quick.

"Can I go back to work?" I asked, that seemed to snap them out of whatever trance they were in. Mr Adebayo cleared his throat.

"Y...yes, ofcourse. Keep up the good work." He stuttered moving away. Abdul stood there, still in shock that I was actually working.

"Abdul!!! Come along!!" He jumped at the sound of his boss's voice before scrambling after him. I chuckled under my breath before taking another sip of my coffee, wrinkling my nose.

Great. It had gone cold. Thanks to those two.

I flipped through the next file, booting up my computer when my phone rang.

Hajiya Calling...

I answered immediately.

"Hello Hajiya. Is everything alright?" I asked.

"Yes Abba, Yasmin wanted to talk to you. She woke up today and was looking all over for you. I guess the concept of you going to work is still foreign to her" she explained chuckling.

I laughed as she gave the phone to Yasmin.

"Hello Yasmin, how are you?" I asked.

"Fine" she replied yawning.

"Have you had breakfast?"

"Uh-huh. Coco cups" I chuckled at that.

"I'll see you soon" I said.