1.Hunting Yours Truly

Disclaimer- This is a work of Fiction. Name, character, places and incidents are either product of author's imagination or are used fictitiously.

All rights reserved.
————————————————————————

They are gaining. Run, dammit run.

Valora pushed her legs to bolt faster. The siren behind her was wailing. The thundering of footsteps high tailing her were getting closer.

It got her own kick start button turning on. She can't be captured.

All the things she had done would grant her lifetime in prison. Something she didn't need right now. Besides, she was too pretty for jail.

She ran into a dinghy alley, at the corner. It was dark and grimy. The street was still wet from the afternoon's rain. This was Seattle after all.

Finding herself stumped by a huge brick wall, she cursed. "Fuck."

"No where to escape, missy."

That skewed cop, Philip or whatever his name was has been on her trail since she fled from the penthouse. To have him take her wasn't something she would allow in this life time.

Feeling the cold knife pressed against her back, she reaches for it.

With the wall behind her and the three men blocking her way, she quickly analyzed the situation. That Philip guy was standing dead center while the other two were at his sides. They were big but they looked tired. Well, she did give them a chase.

The only way to get free was to gut these men. Maybe not kill, but injury was necessary.

Let's do this.

The moment Philip took a step towards her, she weaved herself to the side. In a flash, wounding her arm around his thick sweaty neck, bashing the windpipe. He wheezed out in response.

She stabbed him on his side a second later. The sound of his pain echoed in the empty alley. She knew it would hurt him more when she twisted the knife.

Pulling out the bloody knife, she saw the other two come at her. Shit, two will be tough.

They both lunged at her at the same time but Valora was quick. She slid underneath, hearing the two of them crash against each other behind her.

She stood up, turning to them.

"Well, well, well...looks like I escape again."

She was about to run. To her freedom. To her new gained life when an arm caught around  her midriff, flinging the knife away from her hand.

"That's where you are wrong, Valora." That smooth voice of his rang through her. Her hands were taken behind her back, cuffing them with quick movements.

When she swiveled around, she looked at her former bastard of a boyfriend.

Adrian Lockhart, the top detective of the Seattle police department. The way he smirked at her with the wicked gleam in his eyes reminded her how she fell for his sorry ass.

The humiliation of being caught by her ex was worse than being captured by those three idiots she left moaning in pain at the end of the alley.

When he began to recite her rights, the energy in her started to drain. Fuck, she was going to jail. The only thing she was worried about when she entered this line of profession.

Being an assassin, her whole life demanded escape strategies and very few confidants. She was young when she entered the killing game and like a rookie, she fell. Fell into the hands of the two timing asshole called Adrian.