2 0

❀ please vote + comment if you enjoy ❀

❝ why should i have to live
up to other people's expectations
instead of my own? ❞

✿✿✿

29th of march, 2018

3:54pm

"Hey! Give me that back," Lani scolds Mika as she slides back into the booth they have been sitting at for the past hour. Lani had been talking about Noah and Mika had been ignoring her.

Mika reluctantly hands Lani's phone over with a huff and goes back to eating her chocolate chip ice cream. "You better of not said anything embarrassing," Lani puts her phone back into her bag and asserts her attention to Mika. Innocently Mika eats another spoonful of ice cream and simply shrugs her shoulders.

"I told him that if he tried anything, I'd feed his balls to my imaginary pet tiger," the brunette girl facing Lani states in a blasé tone. Lani's face drops as her eyes widen.

"Mika, you can't do that," Lani huffs with a slight eye roll, "Noah is a great guy and you can't scare him like that," she tells Mika whilst finally tasting her mint ice cream. Letting out a sigh, Lani smiles when the ice touches her tongue; ice cream is one of the little things Lani appreciates in life.

"Please," Mika throws her hands around, "I scrolled up to some of your recent messages," she says; Lani cringes at the thought. "Noah surprisingly seemed comfortable with the whole period situation; I don't think a little threat from a girl he's never met before will make him quiver," Mika finalises with a little giggle at the end.

"Yeah, but that's the problem Mika. He hasn't met you before. Sometimes even I question your mental state when threats like that come out of your mouth, and I'm your best friend," Lani laughs at Mika; rolling her eyes, Mika shrugs her shoulders and sends Lani a warm smile.

"I don't think any threat would stop that boy from talking to you anyway," Mika confesses, "he seems to really like you," she looks at Lani to see her smiling brightly.

"You really think he likes me?" Lani questions Mika's judgement, whilst still snacking on her ice cream. The thought of Noah liking Lani made her feel alive, like she was invincible; hence the goofy, toothy grin she wore whenever she spoke about him. Or to him for that matter.

"No, I think he messages you every single day because he feels like it," Mika replies sarcastically. "Of course he likes you. I don't even like boys and I can see the signs," she purses her lips and raises an eyebrow at Lani.

Lani giggles, mostly to herself because she feels like a little kid who's got a crush on the popular boy. None the less, she still finds the whole situation extremely romantic and surreal. She had continuously wondered if they'd ever meet. Perhaps in another world or dimension were always her conclusions though.

Lani has always promised herself to never fall in love, for many reasons really. She knows that it will eventually cause heartbreak. There will have to be adjustments to her lifestyle. Money always has a play. But most importantly, she would have to leave her "mama".

"Lan, your phone is ringing," Mika remarks as she eats the last spoonful of ice cream. Lani looks at the caller ID and realises it's her twin brother, Kai. She answers the call and places the phone against her ear.

Heavy breathing erupts from the other end of the line and then a panicked voice talks, "It's mama, it happened again. They don't know if she'll make it this time."

❀❀❀