All Because of Her - [Irene]

Start from the beginning

"At least there's room in here for you to stay if it goes that wrongly," I say. "Which it won't. It'll be fine."

She places her palm in mine. She inches closer and I do too, and I can feel our lips about to touch-

"Irene, can you help me?" my mother calls.

I turn red and jump away from Wendy. "What? Yeah, what's wrong?"

I hear Wendy laugh as I leave the room.

Wendy and I spend the entire day together. The TV Jennie got us has a console connected to it, so we spent the day playing Mario Kart and Smash Bros together. I never knew this before, but I have a talent for games. I won every single time without fail. I even asked Wendy if she was letting me win on purpose, but it looked like she was really trying.

We have dinner together that night. My mother manages to make her delicious noodles for us to enjoy. I walk Wendy to the door of my apartment when it's time for her to leave.

"Could you come out for a second?" she asks.

"Sure," I say, closing the door behind me and entering the hallway. "What's wrong?"

She kisses me, pinning me against the wall. It barely lasts two seconds. "I just wanted to do that before I left."

I smile. "Bye."

"Bye."

***

Wendy's mother didn't take the news very well. It was the first time I'd seen Wendy cry. I remember the stream of texts at midnight and waiting by the door to let her in. I remember holding her close as I told her it would be okay, and that her mother would just need to get used to it.

She stayed with me for a week or so before going back. Her mother still isn't fond of the idea, and she doesn't let me and Wendy out of her sight whenever I go over to her house. I find it hilarious.

Almost everyone knows about us now. It wasn't hard to connect the dots after the entire Jennie situation. I remember the moment I set foot on school grounds, Taeyong approached me.

"Hi," he said.

"Hi," I said. 

"I just want to say," he sighed. He was clearly uncomfortable. "I'm really sorry. I had no idea that you felt like that about Wendy at all, and-"

"You wouldn't have known," I said. "It's okay. I don't care."

"So we're cool?" he asked, reaching his hand out.

"Yeah," I nod, shaking it.

Taeyong wasn't the only one who talked to me about it. Mark did, too. I was alone in the library reviewing my notes for a test when he sat across from me. "Mind if I sit here?"

"Not at all," I said, not realizing who it was. I looked up at him. My heart filled with remorse as I realized that it was Mark. "Oh, hi, Mark."

"Hey," he said. "We have the same class. Do you want to study together?"

"I'm sorry," I said, ignoring him. "I'm really sorry. I can't imagine how you feel, how uncomfortable you must be, knowing that-"

"What?" he asked. "Oh, you're talking about that?"

I nodded. "Isn't that why you're here?"