I Do, Too - [Wendy]

My head is feeling dizzy, my cheeks are red and hot, my stomach is doing flips, my heart is beating uncontrollably fast, and my lips are on Irene's.

When Irene told me she liked me, it was as if everything around me faded and she was the only one I could see. 

My mind instantly went to a year ago when I gave her a pencil. The look on her face after the test was full of admiration. She was staring at me because she liked me. She was upset last night because she thought I liked someone else.

But I don't like someone else. I like Irene. I like Irene and her amazing looks, personality, and just everything about her. 

So here I am now, kissing her. My hands are on her neck and she only just placed her hands on my back. I pull away, wishing I had continued for longer.

I smile at her, my smile filled with admiration. Irene stares at me blankly before removing her hands from my back. I know what she must be thinking right now. Did she just kiss me? No, she couldn't have kissed me. She doesn't like me. She likes someone else! But then what was that?!

"Did you just-" Irene begins.

I laugh. "Yes, I did."

"Am I dreaming?" Irene says. "That didn't just happen. This is all too good to be true."

"You're not dreaming," I say, pushing her hair out of her face. "It happened."

"But I thought you liked someone else?" Irene asks.

"It was you, you dummy," I say, my smile growing bigger. 

"What?" she asks out of disbelief.

"I didn't want to believe it at first," I say. "I probably started when we watched the movie. I grabbed your hand, after all. And then when I was at Joy's house, I kept checking my phone because I was worried since you hadn't sent me a single text."

I continue, taking a deep breath. "I was talking about you, that night. I couldn't like you because you liked someone else, and, well, we're both girls. I don't think my parents would approve of something like that."

"Yeah, yeah," Irene says softly.

"But it's okay," I say. "We're here now. And you were right, nobody has to know. It can be just us, because I like you too, Irene. I like you a lot."

Irene smiles, tears still streaming down her face. She hugs me, digging her face into my shoulder. I hold her tighter, patting her head. She lets go and laughs.

"What?" I ask.

"I still can't believe this happened," Irene says. "Taehyung had his suspicions but I didn't want to get my hopes up."

"He knew?" I ask. 

She nods. "He and Yoongi knew. They were both helping me come up with a way to tell you. I met them at the park yesterday, and Taehyung even said that I shouldn't get ahead of myself and assume that you like a guy right away. I guess he was right."

I pull her into another kiss, my hand digging into her hair. A chill goes down my spine as Irene places her hands on my back, squeezing me tightly and pulling me closer until our bodies collide.

***

We were probably out for another two hours, just continuing to wander along the streets. When we arrive home, both my parents are still awake in their offices, doing work. Irene and I sneak upstairs where we go to my room.

"Do you want to sleep in here?" I ask awkwardly. "I won't do anything, I promise."

She laughs. "Yeah, sure. Let's watch something, it's only nine."