Jennie's Revenge - [Irene]

When I wake up the next morning, I almost forget where I am. My eyes open to an unfamiliar room. My first thought is that I got kidnapped and the kidnapper decided to put me in a nice room instead of a hellhole.

Then I remember everything that happened yesterday. My mother and I got evicted from our apartment. When I asked her about it last night, she said the landlord refused to tell her why we were evicted.

I remember my first instinct was to call Wendy. I didn't even think about it, I saw the paper and I just took my phone out to call her like that. She also came almost immediately. She didn't fight me when I pulled her into the hug, she let me cry on her shoulder.

A text interrupts me from my thoughts. It's Taehyung.

T: hey, you ok?

I: why wouldn't I be?

T: didn't you get evicted out of your apartment?

I pause. How did he know that? The only people who know are me, Wendy, Yeri, Seulgi, and Joy.

I: who told you that?

T: well, you're friends with popular girls. take a wild guess

I: let me guess, Joy?

T: yup

I: how many people know?

T: she made a gofundme for getting your apartment back and posted it on her Instagram

I: omg shut up 

He sends me a picture from her Instagram. I'm not even mad, that's hilarious and sweet.

I: omg LOL

I: that's so sweet

T: friendship goals

T: anyway, you're staying with Wendy? ;)

I: omg

I: no

I: stop

T: lmao ok 

T: I gotta go but tell me if anything good happens hehe

I: lmao bye

I check the time. It's 7:30, which is usually the time I wake up anyway. I get out of the bed and change into my school uniform. I take my toothbrush out of my suitcase, and I walk over to the shared bathroom between Wendy's room and my room. The door is closed, and I can see that the light on from underneath the door. I knock. "Are you in there?"

"Yeah, I'm just brushing, though," I hear Wendy's voice. "You can come inside."

I open the door and see her brushing her teeth. She hands me toothpaste which I put on my toothbrush and then I begin to brush my teeth.

"There are pancakes downstairs," Wendy says, drying her mouth. "Come downstairs when you're ready."

I nod and finish brushing my teeth. I go back into my room and take out a brush that I use to brush my hair. I make my way downstairs to find my mother sitting in the dining room with Wendy's mother and father, chatting.

"Ah, you must be Irene," Wendy's father says, gesturing for me to come over.

I smile politely. "Yes, that's me."

"Wendy was right," he says. "You certainly are a beautiful young lady."

I try not to blush. "She said that?"