We're Done - [Wendy]

Irene stares at me. "B-Boyfriend?"

I nod. "Yeah. You didn't know?"

"It's fine that she didn't know," Mark says, putting his hands on my shoulders. I wince, but I let him hold me there. "We've met before, right? I was your lab partner during our sophomore year, right?"

Irene nods slightly. "Yeah, I remember that. You guys look good together."

I try to be affectionate to Mark to show that I appreciate him but I can't. 

"Sorry about Taeyong, by the way," Mark says. "He doesn't know when to quit."

Irene shakes her head. "No, it's fine. I actually find him kind of calming sometimes. Like, I know that he's there for me."

I smirk. "I see. You and Taeyong."

"Oh, God no," Irene chuckles. "I told you, I have my heart set on someone else."

I wonder who she likes. She's quiet, so I don't think she'll open up to me any time soon. Mark plants a kiss on my forehead. "Well, I need to go. See you later."

"Yeah, bye," I say, blushing.

Mark walks off and Irene looks like she just witnessed a kid die in front of her. "Sorry," I say. "I told him not to be affectionate in public."

"No, it's okay," Irene says. "He must really like you."

I swallow. "Yeah, about that... could you help me with something?"

She springs forward. "Of course! With what?"

I'm taken aback by how eager she is. "You're really excited to help me."

Irene pauses and sits back down. "It's only fair considering the number of times you've helped me, isn't it?"

I smile. "I guess."

"So, what do you need help with?" Irene asks, fidgeting with her fingers.

I clench my fists on my legs as I sit up straighter. I look her in the eye. They're sparkling beautifully. Jennie was right, Irene is pretty. Very pretty. "I need your help because I want to break up with Mark."

Irene's eyes widen slightly. "What? Really?"

I nod guiltily. "You see, our parents set us up on our first date, except I never even liked him. I thought he didn't like me either, but today when I forgot it was out four-month anniversary he looked so sad, and he's never kissed me before, even on the cheek until today."

She stares at me. "You don't like him?"

I shake my head. "No. I mean, of course, I like him. He's a great guy, but he's just... not my type?"

"Who's your type?" Irene asks.

I shrug. "I don't know. Do you know Jeno? On the baseball team? He's hot. So is Jaemin. To be honest, everyone's hot. Especially Jungkook and Taehyung."

Irene smiles. "Is this what being popular is like? Talking about boys?"

"That's part of it," I laugh. "Everyone looks good, but I don't go for looks when I want to date someone. I mean, yeah, that's part of it, but If I'm going to be attracted to someone it'll be because of their personality. Someone respectful, caring and who's pretty when they laugh, also someone who eats well. Someone who's like my dad."

Irene nods. "I agree. If you really like the person, then they'll be beautiful in their own unique way to you."

"What about you?" I ask. "Who's your type?"