Chapter 1 - Gifted

This was the first fic I ever posted.

I had noo idea at the time if there were 'rules' or if Harry Potter fans strictly kept to time lines or if it would be pulled apart when I posted it, which is why I tried to keep everything similar. I had no idea how the fic world worked. Now I look back (having written other books) I wish I hadn't been afraid to venture from JK's originals and explore newer paths. We live and learn. That's not to say this is a carbon copy of Harry Potter, because it isn't. For my first time writing fiction, I'm still proud of this story and the spin I put on it.

It's long...but I had a ball with it and enjoyed breaking Severus down. If you're about to read, I hope you enjoy it. I've learnt a lot as a 'writer' since I put this one out there, and cannot wait to revist Snape in a new fics and one shots,

As we know, Severus is not black and white (Heh. How ironic by appearance) He is broken down throughout the chapters as more and more is revealed, but naturally it is a process! If you're here for the smut, hold on (and predominantly in the second half). I promise the build up is worth it. Let's first break down the complex enigma that he is.
.............

It was astounding really - the ability to see into the future, to evaluate and decode ones fate before it ever happened, though the effects it had on the mind were painstaking at times, leaving the one who held the gift in a state of exhaustion, fearful of every action taken to meet or avoid a vision coming to fruition.

Eighteen-year-old Geneva Azur was one of those people, having experienced visions since the age of 7. She had once overheard her mother saying, "It is both a blessing and a curse to have a third eye." How right she was. It had certainty placed her in a different category than most children growing up. Although her parents had always encouraged her to socially mingle, her anxiety meant that she spent most of her childhood in the confinements of a fishbowl with people looking in, gawking at her differences, and not just on the inside. Geneva was born with a most unusual eye colour - her eyes were a mixture of misty grey and aquatic blue. She'd always quite liked them, but to others her eyes were just another oddity. They even made fun of her dark hair – a stark contrast to her snowy skin - it tumbled in long almost black waves with wispy spiralling ends and was always kept long. In her mother's eyes, it was the most beautiful thing about her daughter besides her eyes. "They're just jealous," she'd say.

Very quickly during her childhood, Geneva had to adapt to her invasive visions, which oftentimes induced feelings more complex than a young child should ever have to deal with. Issues of death, betrayal, seclusion and observation of the world around her meant she had matured much before her time. Life experiences had given her a thick skin. She was strong, yet wore her heart on her sleeve – a kind, compassionate soul who cared deeply for those she loved. Family was everything.

Brought up in a middle class family living in London, Geneva was born to non-magical parents. She had first found out she was a witch at the age of seven when unexplainable things would happen at her expense, usually through anger or frustration due to her visions. It certainly wasn't normal to shatter the kitchen windows with tears or cause objects to catapult across her bedroom in anger. Her parents were becoming increasingly worried. It wasn't until Professor McGonagall appeared on her doorstep one morning and explained Geneva's magical abilities that things had began to make a little more sense in their world. At least...once the initial shock had broken. Geneva Azur had been accepted into the finest school in the country...except...it wasn't a regular school, but one of Witchcraft and Wizardry.