thirty-four

a/n : the song that they're releasing is goodie bag by still woozy :)

~~~

billie

"goodie bag is out now," tyler yells, popping open a bottle of champagne as the clock strikes twelve.

"play it," aria urges finn, whose phone is hooked up to the speaker. he does so, and the gentle sounds of our first single together begin to fill the room a few minutes later.

this must be around the twentieth time they've played it today. yawning, i decide i need a break from hearing the same vocals over and over, and i step outside onto the balcony.

"hi ashley," i say, a little surprised. "i thought you'd be with the others."

she shrugs. "the night air is nice."

i close the door behind myself, to stop the warm air leaving the apartment, and move to stand next to her; leaning on the railing, staring out at london at night. sirens and engines and voices whispering in the distance even past midnight.

"london never stops," is all ashley says, and i nod my agreement.

"christmas is soon," i say after a moment. "do we know what's happening? are we all celebrating together, or...?"

ash shrugs. "i think that was the plan, although aria's struggling with her family again. they might end up coming down to london for christmas." she sighs.

i blink. "is that a bad thing?"

"her family are really shitty people," ashley says honestly. "that might sound mean, but she'll be the first to tell you."

"sienna and matteas seemed okay when i met them," i frown, thinking back to our stay in the french villa.

"matt's not so bad. i guess sienna isn't either, but she can be hard to deal with sometimes. as for madelyn... you've not met her. just be grateful for that."

i blink, and nod.

"in any case," says ash with a brighter smile. "all we can do about it is be the best second family to ri that we can. so, you coming?"

she opens the door, looking back at me.