fourty-four

billie

i knock on the door of the bus bathroom tentatively. "are you ready to go?"

"just a minute," aria calls back. i hum in acknowledgment and lean back against the doorframe.

"good luck on the date," shay whispers as he and ashley pass me. "take good care of her."

"and remember that she likes it when y-" ashley starts, only to be cut off by a swift kick in the shins from shay. i raise an eyebrow in amusement, and she winks at me as shay drags her away.

"i'm ready," i hear aria's voice call from inside the bathroom; i step aside and a moment later the door clicks open.

my jaw visibly drops. she's dressed in a black and white lace dress which hugs her in just the right places, but still leaves plenty to the imagination. her fingers are laden with silver rings, her eyeliner is beautiful and she's pinned up her shoulder length blue hair.

"you're staring." she winks at me and i blink, shaking myself out of it.

"you look- shit, i mean. uh-" i pause to rub the back of my neck awkwardly. "what i meant to say was-"

"is that a bit of drool?" she asks teasingly, and i stick my tongue out at her.

"you ready to go?"

she nods, and i hold out my arm for her to take like how the men do in all the old black and white movies she likes. "our ride is waiting."

she smiles at me, wider than i've ever seen her smile before, and the rest of the world melts away for a moment.

a limo is waiting outside, just as i've organised. on our way to it we pass finn, ash, shay and tyler, all playing cards.

"good luck," shay calls.

"have fun!" tyler adds.

"bring her back home in one piece," ashley says to me teasingly, one eyebrow raised. i blow them all a teasing kiss as we leave the bus and hurry over to the limo.

"holy shit," aria breathes as we step inside. she casts her eyes over the pink and black leather interior before turning to me, eyes sparkling. "bil- you went all out. holy shit."

"we're just getting started, baby," i tell her, and we sit down together.

"are you gonna tell me where we're going yet?" she asks hopefully. i shake my head, and she pouts. "pleeeeease."

"not the puppy dog eyes," i groan. "fine- fine, i give in."

she giggles.

"well. i seem to recall you being friends with a certain miss dua lipa," i begin teasingly, and i'm filled with warmth as she lights up. that's some gay shit. "well, she happens to be playing a show tonight at a venue in whatever city we're in, the author can't remember and is too tired to go figure it out from the previous chapters. so i pulled a couple strings and we're gonna watch from the wings while she performs, then hang out with her after."

"you are so perfect," she says breathlessly.

"buckle in, cutie. tonight's gonna be a wild ride."

~~~

[unedited suck my ass]

so, long story short i've decided to come back ! bil liking all those posts about being confused abt your identity got me thinking, and i really don't want to discontinue this book ! so we back :)

also, BIG NEWS ‼️ i'm releasing a spin-off of this book ! i'll let yall know when i drop it. it will be very soon , within the next week ! it's a comedy/drama/romance au of this story set in a nyc detective precinct. it's been so much fucking fun to write i can't wait to share it w u all !

how are ya all ? how ya doin ? talk w me :)