twenty-seven

9 days until the lawsuit

billie

"let's go out somewhere," i say suddenly.

the whole tour team is milling around the tour bus post show. me, finn and the rest of the vision are sat around on the sofas in the upstairs lounge area, watching fucking shrek in a lame attempt to cheer us all up.
everyone tend to look at me.

"where to? none of us know this city," ashley points out.

i shrug. "somewhere. anywhere. just out."

the next thing i know,

the six of us are sat on the rooftop of some random restaurant,

with food and kohn the security guard stood by the door that leads to back inside.

"this is a pretty evening," aria murmurs, pulling her jacket off and placing it onto the back of her chair. "ash, did you bring your bluetooth speaker?"

ashley nods and hooks it up to her phone, hitting play. quiet amy winehouse music begins to fill the air around us, setting a relaxed scene.

"i like the fairy lights up here," i comment, reaching out to touch one of the many strings of fairy lights decked around the whole roof.

"it's pretty," aria agrees. she perks up as the song playing ends and a paramore song comes on. "oh shit, i love this song! finn, ty, dance with me," she giggles, grabbing them by their hands and pulling them away from the table, towards the empty space in the middle of the roof. she tugs them too hard and trips; ash, stood behind her, catches her just in time and rolls her eyes. the four of them begin to jump up and down happily in time to still into you.

"you're staring."
i look over to see shay stood next to me, looking over at aria with a raised eyebrow.

"oh. i, uh," i say uncertainly.

he smiles gently. "don't worry. i know you like her. me and tyler were talking about it."

i tilt my chin a little, to look up at shay properly. he's probably the member of the vision i know the least, but he and i are still on very good terms. he's an incredibly gentle person, with a constantly calm demeanour, although judging by his contributions to the vision's works he can be very conflicted within himself.

"i can... help you out, if you'd like," he offers a little awkwardly. "imean, i know ty is already helping you."

"the more the merrier, dude," i laugh.

he brightens. "great! well- uh- probably the best way to connect with her is through music. obviously you perform and stuff together, but a way to connect with her on another level is to deliberately engage with her about music outside of the stage. introduce her to new music, write with her. find a random concert to go to with her."

he looks over at aria, swaying in the middle of the roof on her own now as a more somber song plays. then he looks back at me; i nod in return and make my way over to her.

"what song's this?" i ask, falling easily into her movements to the music beside her.

"it's called misguided ghosts," she tells me. "paramore fucking rule, you know."

"i know," i reply simply, and aria smiles at me as the song draws to a close.

"ash, play that's what you get," i call; aria smiles wider at me as all six of us begin to move in time to the more upbeat song, able to forget for a few moments about what's coming.

~~~

YSE THIS  WAS A SHITTY FILLER i'm just stalling i really don't wanna write the lawsuit