It's not a toy

Tw: swearing, bullying, mentions of car accident, homophobic words.
Catherine Parr, a 14 year old girl whose been in foster care since she was 8. She gets bullied at every school she goes too.

She was sat at the dinner table with her foster parents at the moment, their names were Elise and Tom, she had been staying with them for 3 months. She sat there staring at her plate, she wasn't hungry. "Catherine why aren't you eating?" Tom asked
"I'm just not hungry." Cathy replies and sets her fork down,
"You need to eat Catherine," Tom says. Cathy doesn't reply she just starts playing with her mothers ring. "Catherine, eat your food." Tom says
"I'm not hungry."
"Catherine, eat. Your. Food." Tom says back sternly
"I'm. Not. Hungry. Why can't you just except the fact that I'm not hungry?"
"Catherine just eat your fucking food." Tom says
"Tom, I'm not hungry. Okay! It's a simple as that I'm not hungry!" Cathy yells
"Then go up to your room. You won't be eating anything else tonight." Cathy stood up, not bothering to push her chair in. She ran up the stairs. "And take that stupid sweatshirt off!" Elise yells. To Cathy it wasn't stupid, it was her fathers and it was the only thing she had of him, other than his cologne, but she just sprayed it on the sweatshirt when the smell started to fade.

Cathy knew that Tom and Elise hated her because she liked girls, they were nothing but sweet to her the first week she was there and then she told them and they've been nothing but jerks since.

Cathy grabbed her younger brother, Williams, stuffed animal, he called it Clover. This was the thing she took so she could remember him, she held Clover close to her chest and shut her eyes, she could still picture his smile and his little laugh and how excited he was whenever her and her sister came home from school, she loved William. She grabbed her sister, Taylor's, locket and put it on, she missed her sister, she loved her and she loved playing tricks and games with William and Taylor. She let a tear slip out of her eye. Her family had all died in a car accident, out of the two family's who were in that crash, she was the only one to survive. She held Clover and lyes her head on her pillow and went to sleep.

Cathy POV
I sat in the car with Taylor and William, the music was playing in the background and Dad turned in his seat and started playing air guitar. We all laughed at him. "Just as small town girl living in a lonely world." Dad sang awfully, we continued to laugh at him, he turned back around in his seat and then a car came flying at us fast, Mom swerved to the right and we all screamed, Mom busted through the guard rail and we fell down hill, there was green and black everywhere. "Cathy!" William yelled and then a branch broke though the glass of the window hitting Taylor in the head, there was glass flying "Will! Close your eyes!" I yell then I turned to look at Taylor, she had stopped screaming and moving completely. "Taylor! Dad! Dad! Dad, help Taylor's not moving!" I yelled but he had stopped moving too. I start sobbing.
"Cathy! I'm scared! Let me out!" He yelled, he was holding onto Clover.
"We're gonna be fine!" I yell and then everything froze and went black.

I shot up from my sleep, I started crying, he was only four, Taylor was only 12. Why did I have to be the one to survive? Why not Taylor or William? I looked at my clock '6:40' it read. I had to be on the bus on 20 minutes. I grab Moms sweatshirt and put it on, I change into Jeans, and I take Clover and put him in my bag, it makes me feel like Williams there with me. I walked downstairs and out the door.

I stood far away from the kids who rode the bus with me, everyone hated me so it was just better to stay away. Then she walked to the bus, Anne Boleyn, the beautiful and popular girl in the school. She wasn't mean like how most popular girls in TV shows and movies are, she was nice, and I have a huge crush on her. I looked at her, she turned her head and looked at me, she gave me a small smile and a wave. I wave back, and then the bus showed up, I was the last one in and of course there were no more open seats. "Cathy, you can sit with me." Anne says shit I walk over and she moves so I can sit next to her.
"Ew, Anne why are you sitting with her, she's disgusting,"
"How so Henry?"
"She's a dyke." He says and looks at me in disgust
"Well Henry, in case you don't remember, I'm lesbian too, I mean at least we're kind and thoughtful rather than mean and greedy," she says and leans back. "I'm sorry about Henry, he's a real jerk." She says and pulls out her phone. "Why don't you give me your number and you can sit with me and my friends at lunch," she says
"O-okay."
"Your stutter is cute." I blush
"T-thanks," I say and type my phone number in.
"And your necklace, where'd you get it?" I frown a little.
"I-I um I'm not sure, it was my sisters." I say and hold it.
"That's okay." She says, I pull out my notebook and pencil and start looking over my work.

At school before lunch
I was walking and I got shoved "Watch where your going idiot!" They yell at me. Then I got shoved on the floor and my books and bag go across the floor.
"Stay away from Anne, she's my best friend and she's going to be my girlfriend not yours. If you go near Anne you can forget about going to this school and seeing Anne." Henry says, I don't says anything and he kicks my bag and Clover falls out. Henry walks over, he picks it up and starts laughing, "wow Catherine!" He yells getting everyone's attention "you're so much of a baby that you need to carry a toy around with you! Grow up Catherine! This is high school not kindergarten!" He yells and everyone starts laughing and he throws Clover against the locker and he grabs my sleeve of my sweatshirt making it rip, I felt like my heart was breaking, I could feel tears in my eyes, "aww is baby Catherine gonna cry?" He says
"S-stop." I stutter and he looks at me.
"Sorry I don't understand baby talk, speak up."
"S-stop. Let me go." I say louder
"Why? Do you want your toy?" He says and I kick his leg.
"It's not a toy!" I yell and he stumbles away from me, I grab Clover  and my bag and walk into an empty classroom, I slide down against the wall and let the tears fall. Clover is so much more than a toy, he's the only I have of William and Henry throwing Clover against the locker made me feel like it was William. And he ripped Moms sweatshirt. Someone runs into the room. They hug me and I cry into their shoulder.
"It's okay Cathy, you're okay." Anne.
"It's n-not a t-toy."
"I know Cathy, I know." She says and pulls me into her lap. She rubs my back and whispers sweet things into my ear. "You wanna tell me about the stuffed bunny?" She asks
"It was my brothers, he and the rest of my family died in a car crash, and this is the only thing I have of him. It just makes me feel like he's here with me. And, Henry ripped my sweatshirt and it was my moms and it just makes me feel like they're getting taken away from me all over again." I say and she hugs me again
"Cathy I'm so so sorry about your family." She says
"It's okay, you can't do anything to change it." I say and I grab Clover, I held him close to my chest.
"Hey Cathy. I know we barely know each other but I wanted to tell you that I like you." She says and I look up. "Sorry I shouldn't have said that, you know just forget-"
"I like you too." I interrupt her
"Really?"
"Really." I repeat
"So do you wanna go out for coffee on Saturday?" She asks
"I'd like that." I say. I pull my sweat shirt and wrap it around Clover then grab Dads sweatshirt and put it on and I carefully put Clover in my bag.
"How many sweatshirts are hiding in there?"
"I have another one in there." I say and it's true the last one was Taylor's. I grab my bag and we walk to lunch.

Heyyyyy. I like writing these. I wanted to let you know I do take requests, so if you have any just give me a ship and if there's anything specific you want to happen just tell me and I'll write your idea. Thanks for reading. Byeeeeeeee
-TORTULLLLLEEEE🐢🐢🐢