062.

"Remember to keep the pan moving, Tristan. You're going to burn the gravy." Matt Jensen calls from over his shoulder as he pulls the turkey out of the oven. Tristan Foley nods towards the man and returns her attention back to the skillet he put her in charge of. The last thing she wants is to ruin Thanksgiving Dinner.

The girl continuously stirs the mixture and watches as Matt whisks away at potatoes and seasons the vegetables. She is impressed, she was never seen the man so focused before.

"Justin, Clay!" A voice shouts from the living room. Lainie Jensen rushes through the room as she eyes the boys with irritation, "Tony and Caleb will be here any minute! Clean up this mess."

Tristan looks into the living room and sees the chip bags and coke cans as her brother and Clay watch a football game on the tv. It seems as if they don't hear the woman either, as neither of them move to start cleaning. Lainie steps into the kitchen and smiles at her husband and the girl finishing the last minute preparations for their meal. She wraps an arm around Tristan as she glances between the two, "Everything is smelling good."

"Well we have a professional chef on our hands, Lainie. It looks like I'm going to have some competition now." Matt jokes as he winks at Tristan. The girl bites down her smile as she looks down. There is a knock on the front door and Lainie quick leaves to retrieve it. Matt looks down at Tristan, "Alright, kiddo, let's get all this stuff to the dining table."

Tristan sets down a casserole on the table as she catches glimpse of Tony Padilla walking through the entrance, "Hey, you made it."

"That I did," Tony smiles as he brings Tristan into an embrace. He sees the two teenage boys get up from the living room and move to greet their guests. Justin smiles as he wraps an arm around Caleb and Clay takes the plate of tamales from the couple and places it on the dining table.

"Caleb and Tony," Lainie says as she looks at her guests sitting at the dining table, "we are not a religious family, but we could say a prayer if you'd like?"

Tristan hits her brother's leg as she notices him slipping food before the meal has started. Justin glares at her as he swallows the buttered roll. Tony nor Caleb want a prayer, and Matt clears his voice to gain attention.

"Our tradition is to go around the table and say what we're thankful for," The man smiles at the six in front of him, "I'm thankful for having so many people around the table."

Caleb's lips form into a smile as he glances at his boyfriend, "I'm thankful for Tony."

"I'm thankful that family can be... where you find it." Tony nods his head.

"I am thankful that Clay is here, and that he has so many people that care about him." Lainie looks at her son, the love swimming in her eyes.

Tristan looks up from the table and swallows hard. She looks at the people that she has grown to love so much, "I'm thankful that I have a family that never gave up on me... even when I did."

Lainie reaches over and squeezes Tristan's hand, she cares more than the girl will ever know. Tristan smiles back at the woman before glancing at her brother.

Justin twitches in his seat as he looks between his sister and Clay, "I'm thankful to... have family at all. I, uh, I haven't stayed clean all this time. I'm sorry. I'm sorry for lying to you guys, and I probably need more help..."

Tristan's hand grabs onto her brother's as Justin wipes the tears streaming down his face. He nervously laughs as he looks at the people around him, "Sorry, I didn't mean to bring the mood down."

"We will get you whatever help you need, Justin." Lainie eyes him, watching as Tristan lowers her head to blink the tears in her eyes away. "We promise."

Justin nods his head at the woman, looking over to Clay who begins to stutter, "Uh, I am thankful to be here with all of you, and... I'm thankful to be alive."

Everyone stays quiet for a moment, all taking in what the boy said. It was true, Tristan thinks to herself, even she is happy to be alive. Justin quickly speaks up, "Amen!"

"Amen," Matt repeats, his voice full of life as he clasps his hands, "Let's eat!"

The family begins to help themselves to the array of food prepared by Matt and Tristan and their guests.

Football is still playing on the tv when Tristan enters the living room after dinner. She and Matt had just cleaned the last of the dishes and the last thing she wants to look at is football. The girl flops onto the couch next to Justin and sighs, "Is there not anything else on?"

"It's Thanksgiving, Tris, what do expect?" Her brother jokes as Lainie laughs at his comment. Tristan rolls her eyes, but soon leans over and rests her head on Justin's shoulder. Without warning, Clay grabs the remote from the other boy and switches the channel, "What the fuck, Jensen?"

"I'm with her, football sucks," Clay mutters as he glances at the screen of parade floats. Tristan snorts as her brother huffs. She has never known what it is like to have a normal family, but she is starting to like it.

Tristan is happy.