057.

Tristan props her head up as she watches Clay make dinner that night. She is tired but when offered her favorite sandwich, she couldn't refuse. The two don't say a lot as Clay swipes the toasted bread with mayo, and Tristan smiles at the boy when he finally hands her the finished meal. She takes a bite and sighs, "Thanks Clay."

He smiles at her as he begins to make his own, glancing back down at her for a second, "So how did your therapy go?"

Tristan shrugs, "Fine, I guess. We just talked about everything that's going on."

"Everything?" He eyes her.

The girl scoffs, "I'm not dumb, Clay. No, we just talked about how I'm feeling and shit."

He nods his head in silence, "How are you feeling?"

She can tell that he is being careful with his words, how everyone in her family treats her when she comes home from therapy. Tristan shrugs again, "Confused... scared..."

"Well," Clay sighs, sitting his sandwich on the table as he sits next to her, "That makes two of us."

Tristan forces a laugh as she looks back down at her plate. This is their life right now.

The back door opens and the two turn to see Justin walk in, "Where are the folks?"

"Mom's at work," Clay answers, wiping his mouth with his hand, "and Dad's at the Crestmont, pretending that life isn't happening."

"Cool." Justin's eyes wonder around the room before he sits down in front of the two, "So, Jess... Jess told me you spoke to her."

Tristan's eyes flick to Clay. What would he want to talk to Jess for? Clay looks like he is on edge, "Shit... I'm sorry. I was just trying to help. I thought that maybe if she knew what was going on with you, maybe she'd understand-"

"You're right," Justin bites the inside of his cheek, "I couldn't tell her, so I'm glad you did."

"Okay."

Justin tries to ignore the stiffness in the air and grabs half of Tristan's sandwich and takes a bite. The girl gives him a dirty look as he glances back to Clay, "So what are you going to do now?"

"I don't know." Clay starts, interrupted by the pounding on their front door. Tristan's body fills with anxiety as the three of them look back at another. The pounding continues. Clay gets up from his seat and starts for the door. Justin gets up shortly after and motions for his sister to follow alongside him.

"Step aside or you're gonna be charged with obstruction." A booming voice makes Tristan freeze as her and Justin reach the front door. The sheriff and officers move into their house and the girl watches as they all start digging through their stuff.

"Fuck," Justin grabs ahold of his sister as he shouts at Clay, "Don't say anything."

A firm hand grabs ahold of Tristan and pulls her and Justin apart. Tristan's eyes meet an officer's as the woman turns her around, "Feet apart and lock your fingers behind your back."

Tristan's heart beats against her chest as she feels the officer's hand patting down her body. Her eyes go to Justin as another cop does the same to him, the alarm on his face not leaving as he watches the sheriff pull Clay's phone from his pocket. Tristan squirms as the officer slides her hand down her legs.

"Relax," The woman says, causing more fear to pierce through Tristan's body. The girl squeezes her eyes shut as the officer continues to search her body, not breathing until the woman backs away from her, "She's clean."

The few cops surrounding them nod and disperse around the house. Justin grabs the girl towards him and wraps an arm around her shoulder, "Are you okay?"