041.

*trigger warning*

Tristan watches Clay and Justin leave with the other guys as she sits it Clay's parents' car. Lainie keeps looking over her shoulder at the girl sitting in her backseat, and Matt sends sharp looks to his wife to stop staring at the damaged girl.

As they drive home, Lainie finally clears her throat, "Tristan, I want you to know that we are here for you. If there's anything that we can do-"

"Lainie," Matt cuts the woman off, the warning in his tone makes both females to look at him. He sighs, rubbing his temple as he takes a glance in the rearview mirror at the girl with her eyebrows furrowed. "It's been a long day, I'm sure Tristan doesn't want to talk about any of this right now."

"It's okay." Tristan's voice is barely audible. "Thank you, Mrs. Jensen, but I just..."

Tristan's voice fades out as she struggles to finish her sentence. The woman's eyes search Tristan's face before she gives the girl a forced smile.

Matt pulls into their driveway and all three get out of the car. Tristan follows the adults inside and she starts walking towards the stairs when Laine's voice calls out, "Can I get you anything, sweetie? Are you hungry?"

Tristan shakes her head as Lainie approaches her, followed with Matt closely behind her, "No... I think I'm just going to go up to Clay's room if that's okay?"

"Of course," Laine's eyes fall, but she quickly smiles at the girl, "If you need anything just tell me, alright?"

"Okay." Tristan nods and she turns around and walks up the stairs. She closes Clay's door and she exhales deeply. Her eyes shut and she tried to stay calm as Justin's testimony creeps into her mind.

She stays locked in Clay's room for what feels like hours. She knows Clay's parents are worried about her, but she can't bring herself to go downstairs and talk to them. She doesn't know them. No matter how much she appreciates them for everything they have done for her and her brother, the obvious still stands: they are strangers. How could she explain to them what has happened in her life if she doesn't know them?

Tristan sits up when she hears the front door open and soon footsteps come up the stairs. She takes in a long breath when the bedroom door creaks open, revealing her brother and Clay. The girl's forehead creases in confusion as she looks at the boys. Why are they here if they have the polaroids? They should be at the courthouse or police station, turning them in. Unless...

"He didn't have them." Justin says quickly, his head hanging low as he moves closer to his sister. Tristan's stomach sinks and she release a shaky breath, "Tris, I know you wanted those to be the answer, and I'm so sorry that we couldn't do that for you,"

Tristan wipes the wetness under her eyes with the back of her hand as she looks away from her brother, "I don't- I..."

"I know you want Bryce to pay- and so do I- but maybe it's time," Justin's voice is soft and he reaches down and puts her hand in his. Tristan meets her brother's eyes, "Tris, maybe it's time you tell your story."

"Justin," Tristan's eyes fill with tears as a sob escapes her lips, "I don't think I can,"

"You could help get Bryce prosecuted. Jessica is on her way to the police station right now." Clay speaks up from behind Justin, his eyes gentle as he meets Tristan's.

"Who would believe me? You even told the court today, Justin, and that lady tore you apart! I can't do that!"

Justin takes the girl's face in his grasp as he tries to get her to calm down, "I believe you, Tristan. Clay believes you. Jess, Zach, Alex, Hannah. They all believe that you are telling the truth. You could help some other girl that Bryce might hurt. You can stop him."