044.

Tristan's hair flows in perfect waves as she moves around the bathroom getting ready for the Spring Fling. Zach had texted, saying that he would be at her house at eight, and at seven-thirty the girl is latching a necklace around her neck and overlooking her completed outfit. A lilac dress flows midway down her thighs, and her black heels buckle at her ankles. She swipes on one last coat of lipstick before making her way to Clay's door, knocking quickly before entering the boys' room.

Clay and Justin glance at her as the two of them get ready for the dance themselves, Clay hovering over Justin in the mirror.

"Now bring that around to the right... no-no the big end," Clay's voice hints at annoyance as he tries to help Justin tie his tie. "The big end."

"That's what I'm doing!"

"No, that's not what you're doing! Oh my god, start over." Clay huffs as he turns away from the other boy and sits next to Tristan on his bed.

"Will you fucking relax," Justin laughs as he undoes his tie.

"You don't listen!"

"He never does," Tristan pipes up with amusement in her eyes as the two boys argue.

"It's not my fault that he's so uptight!" Justin defends, turning and looking at his sister.

"I am not uptight! It was your idea that we should wear ties. It's not even a formal dance. And if you want to wear a tie, then you should follow my instructions," The irritation in Clay's voice grows and so does the smile on Justin's face.

"We really need to get you laid."

"Shut up."

"Tristan," Lainie Jensen's voice calls up the stairs, "Zach is here!"

"Coming!" The girl stands up from Clay's bed and looks towards the two boys in a rush, "You'll meet us there, right?"

"Yeah," Justin nods, pulling his sister into a short embrace, "you look great, by the way."

Tristan smiles into Justin's chest, but quickly pushes away so that she can head downstairs, "I'll see you guys later."

Tristan leaves the boys' room and ascends down the stairs as best as she can with heels on. Zach Dempsey clad in a blazer and jeans comes into view at the bottom, and a wide smile appears on Tristan's face. "Hey,"

"Hey," He breathes as his eyes look over the girl walking towards him, "you look beautiful."

Tristan tries to hide her blushing cheeks, "Thank you..."

Mrs. Jensen pulls her phone out and looks at the teenagers, "You two get close, so I can take a picture!"

Zach's dimples show as he puts an arm around the girl's waist and they both smile as Lainie takes photos. Matt Jensen stands behind his wife and sips his coffee as Lainie poses the two on the staircase. After Lainie's promised last picture, Tristan looks to Zach, "Are you ready to go?"

"Hold on a minute," Matt Jensen pipes up as he walks towards the two, his eyes focusing on Zach, "You two be careful tonight. She needs to be back by midnight, alright?"

"Yes, sir. I'll make sure she gets home safe." Zach nods.

Mr. Jensen's lips form into a smile as he pats Zach's shoulder, "Good. You two have fun."

With Tristan's face tinted red from mild embarrassment, her and Zach walk out the front door and towards the boy's silver Audi. Zach gives Tristan an amused look once he closes his door, "Is he always like that?"

Tristan she shakes her head, "No... He's really sweet, I promise. I think he was just trying to intimidate you."

The dimples on Zach's face deepen as a hearty laugh falls from his lips, "Well, I'll be sure I get you home before twelve."